2023 Vikings

• CaptainMusky

Leber has a great postgame commentary on Instagram every week, and he nails it this week. I’ll post the link in a minute. But the biggest takeaway was we blitzed 82% of Herbert’s drop backs, and got home 1 time.

THey were definitely pressuring him, but just couldnt get TO him.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The funny thing is the Vikings now are almost the exact same team as they were almost all last season. They are still Poor in almost the same area’s. It just seems like they did not do much in the off season to try and fix any of those area. I have came around on Cousins in the last year. I just think his lack of mobility really hurts, Even more so because of the poor O=line in front of him. You watch a QB like Herbert or Maholmes and can just see what a huge difference a Mobil QB makes. He also can not complete a pass when rolling out to his left, He just doesn’t have the mobility to get his feet set or the athletic ability to make a quick wrist pass like some QB’s do. With enough good players around him he could take a team far. He just doesn’t have that here.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here’s the breakdown of last years defense vs this years. Not sure how many turnovers the offense had last year in the first 3 games, but I’m quite sure it was a lot less than 8 too…

The Vikings lost 8 Fumbles all of last season. They have already lost 7 so far this season. Interception they are about on pace with last year. All last year they had 15. So far this year they have had 2.
    Turnovers will Kill you and the Vikings are showing that. Without those turnovers this season they possibly could be 3-0 instead of 0-3.

Umy
    South Metro

jester jester jester jester jester
    THey are a trainwreck right now.
    Would loved top have been a fly on the wall of their most recent team/owner/coaches mtg.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I really didn’t think their defense could get worse than last season, but you just can’t win games with a defense this bad. I’m also really disappointed in Flores so far. I have seen no attempts at adapting in game. How do you not double Keenan Allen last night so he doesn’t get 18 GD catches??? My God

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the D-line seems to be doing ok, but the defensive backfield holy mackerel bawling bawling bawling

Pitter patter

The fans they have left should just cheer for the packers like the rest of Minnesota

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The fans they have left should just cheer for the packers like the rest of Minnesota

NEVER…….EVER……….EVER……..EVER!!!!!!!! rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’d attend a TIMBERWOLVES or soccer game first.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^ rotflol rotflol rotflol

Tlazer

Leber has a great postgame commentary on Instagram every week, and he nails it this week. I’ll post the link in a minute. But the biggest takeaway was we blitzed 82% of Herbert’s drop backs, and got home 1 time.

Would be ok if he only dropped back 2 or 3 times.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The Vikings should be embarrassed. Terrible game by KOC.

It’s not Cousins fault but by the time we improve the O Line it will probably be too late. Probably time to draft a QB in the first round and maybe a full rebuild.

Tlazer

EAGAN, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell delivered an uncharacteristically direct and public ultimatum on Monday with his team leading the NFL in turnovers amid an 0-3 start.

“I think that’s something we’re going to fix one way or the other,” O’Connell said in an afternoon news conference. “Either guys are going to [fix] it or we’re going to have to put other guys in the game that have ball security.”

Well it looks like most of the team will be sitting on the bench next week.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Through 3 games the ENTIRE defense has had 1 sack by players not named Danielle Hunter. And that’s with blitzing on over 60% of the plays! The defensive line is one of the worst in the league just like the secondary.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Through 3 games the ENTIRE defense has had 1 sack by players not named Danielle Hunter. And that’s with blitzing on over 60% of the plays! The defensive line is one of the worst in the league just like the secondary.

How can that be? All summer long I read here what a genius Flores was and he would turn the defense around in one season. grin

dirtywater

It’s not complicated. The players on both O and D lines mostly stink. They have 3 solid players from that entire group and that just doesn’t cut it. Flores should never have been hailed as the savior DC, but he can’t get on the field and make tackles.

The Vikings have the same problem/complex common across this state: they always think they’re better than they are. The GM and staff have done a magical job of selling the notion that they’re on the brink of being a Super Bowl contender, which leads them to make dumb draft decisions. Teams in their position should be drafting heavily on the O and D line, they’re always spending first round picks on skill positions.

To not draft an offensive lineman this year after last years season was insane.

To not draft a defense lineman until round 5 this year was insane.

The last 10 drafts they have drafted a total of 2 offensive linemen, 0 defensive linemen, and 1 pass rusher in the first round.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Flores (?) sure doesn’t appear to be the defensive genius he’s cracked up to be. No wonder he can’t hold a job. Our defense was out of position so many times it was hard to watch.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

if the Panthers beat them this week……….i’m gonna start knitting on sundays!!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

CaptainMusky

This team isnt dramatically different than last year’s 13 win team. The only difference is they are losing the games they won last year with all those close games and come from behind wins. Their turnovers are absolutely killing them right now. Evans had that INT right in his hands instead it goes through them right to the receiver for a TD. KJ has that ball taken right from him in the first game, etc.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I think the “competitive rebuild” is over.
    Is it time to start trading players who aren’t going to be here next year anyhow?
    I think so.
    Cousins, Hunter, Osborn, Smith and quite a few others…if they find somebody willing to trade for them.
    Build up the draft picks and start the complete rebuild.

And what about JJ? Ya think he doesn’t see what’s happening? He’ll want top dollar to be extended and do you think he’ll want to play with a rookie QB and a team in rebuild mode?
    Tough to even think about but imagine the haul of draft picks they get for him. Think Diggs and Harvin…sound familiar?

I really don’t like the way Kwesi is doing either. Too bad he has no trade value

Ripjiggen

I truly love this thread and Vikings fans comments. It’s especially entertaining when things are not going well.

I mean if we are going to tear this down we should probably tear it all the way down force the owners to sell the team.

Move them to St Paul rename them so we can have an expansion draft.

Get the first overall pick for ten years in a row and build this team right.

CaptainMusky

I truly love this thread and Vikings fans comments. It’s especially entertaining when things are not going well.

Yeah we can sure be irrational cant we? I mean, they want Cousins traded, JJ traded and then somehow magically we will be rebuilt with the haul of draft picks that we’ll get which will be selected by the GM and coach they want fired before 2 seasons are over.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lol lose 3 games by 6 points or less and its full rebuild mode. Unreal.

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

Lol lose 3 games by 6 points or less and its full rebuild mode. Unreal.

What’s unreal is too think they will finish any better than .500 this year. If and that’s a big if they make the playoffs, they will get smoked.

And as I said, all the players that will be gone next year anyhow so trade em now.

Anybody still holding out hope for them at this point should pull their head out the sand. Or out of someplace…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Losing 3 games by one possession is not a reason to “blow it up and rebuild.” Clearly they are competitive.

If you are the Bears or Broncos, you can make that claim. I don’t think the current roster of Vikings is Super Bowl caliber. I don’t think anyone would think that. But its certainly good enough to win the division and have a home playoff game. Beyond that, nope, as demonstrated by last season’s margin of victories so many times, and lopsided losses.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Honestly though, what does squeaking into the playoffs and potentially losing in the first round get us? Warm and fuzzies?

We all know at this point the odds of us making the playoffs, let alone being competitive are slim to none.

We’ve been bitten by being competitive for too long and not having any really solid draft picks in the top 10 or even top 5. This team needs to re-stock the cupboards, and I honestly believe the best thing for this roster in the long run would be a year or two losing 13+ games and drafting in the top 5.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Honestly though, what does squeaking into the playoffs and potentially losing in the first round get us? Warm and fuzzies?

As a Packers’ fan, I can relate to this statement^^^ jester

haleysgold
    SE MN

Gim – Have you watched the games?

How long before Cousins gets hurt? The O-line can’t hold anybody back. He’s already been hit more than any other QB in the league. Just a matter of time and then what? Mullens?

Have you seen the stats on the D? Good grief they are bad with Hunter being the exception. They can’t stop any offense.

Maybe Waldo phrased it better for you?

Viewing 30 posts - 481 through 510 (of 1,853 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.