2021 MN Wild/NHL Thread

• tswoboda

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    I really think whatever was discussed at the meeting his agent setup the last week of the regular season with Dean and Billy was the culmination of everything and the end of Parise with the Wild. I’ll admit if i’m wrong, but that’s what it looks like to me…

I dont think you are wrong about this at all. I think this is the end as well.

We’ll all find out the truth when the 10,000 word Russo tell all is released. Will that be in 4 months or 4 years? Who knows. It’s really too bad how much attention this is getting in the middle of a really good playoff series.

Back to the series. Fleury is a problem. Can the Wild eventually crack him or will he keep standing on his head? That’s going to determine the series, as so far the Wild are looking like the better team. There’s only two words needed for the game 3 gameplan… GOALIE TOUCHES.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t care what history Parise has. Minnesota teams always bank on history instead of present performance. Parise has not performed and there’s no way I want him on the ice. He can’t just be out there sitting in front of the net. These games have been so fast paced and tightly defended. You throw Parise in there and you suddenly have a huge defensive gap in a line that has been staying with Vegas defensively. I think Parise’s lack of speed greatly outweighs the possibility of him getting a grinder goal.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think we break the Fleury dam tomorrow night, I think we score 4 goals…Kap & Fiala with at least 1 each…

CaptainMusky

Back to the series. Fleury is a problem. Can the Wild eventually crack him or will he keep standing on his head? That’s going to determine the series, as so far the Wild are looking like the better team. There’s only two words needed for the game 3 gameplan… GOALIE TOUCHES.

remember the wild crushed Fleury in the regular season just need to get in his head and goals will come in bunches.

Ripjiggen

Just catching up.
    Last Parise comment. Russo said one day last week on KFAN that it has turned pretty messy behind the scenes and he doesn’t see either side moving past the issue to the point of ZP staying with the team long term. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that the captain did not except responsibility for his actions in Vegas and instead turned it into he was doing what he thought was right instead of what the coach thought was right even to the point of him saying the players agree with me and that’s all that matters.
    I don’t see him stepping on the ice for the Wild again. You know the owner loves ZP so for Billy G to get an ok or at least support from the owner afar says a lot about how messy this has gotten.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

These 8:30 or 9 pm starts in central time are bush league. It happens every year in the playoffs when they do double coverage. Start the game on another channel if you need to but it should be at the latest 7:30pm is when they should be starting in this time zone.

Ripjiggen

Agree hope I can stay sober long enough to make it through the whole game. My pre game dinner is at 530.🤪

Sounds like all Covid players have now tested negative. Result of bad lab test.

JoeMX1825
    MN

that story is funny, I wonder how much of Kirill’s reply is the broken english or Foligno embellished the story a little bit for the Chiclet boys with the “$hit players” comment… seems a bit out of character, especially for a rookie in his first few days in the organization…

I totally believe the mention that he gets pissed off when guys dont score on his setups, can see that on TV…he’ll need therapy after playing with Rask so much!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I look forward to the day when ZP is no longer on the team. I’ve felt he’s had a bad attitude for years now.

Sure hope this is a new era for the Wild. I feel optimistic that BG has changed the tone and tenor of this team and has a good coach too.

Ripjiggen

And you know he has a bad attitude for years how?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m not saying it’s true but there’s been hinting at it for at least a couple years now.

Steve Kracht

This may have been asked before, but is there a local blackout with NBC Sports or NBC? (Next two games)
    I have U tube TV.
    Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This may have been asked before, but is there a local blackout with NBC Sports or NBC? (Next two games)
    I have U tube TV.
    Thanks

The first two games have been on NBCSN and that is the channel I was able to watch them on. I don’t know if tonight’s game is or not but being at home its certainly possible. The game on Saturday is a national telecast on NBC so I would imagine that its on channel 11.

I prefer the NBC/NBCSN announcers rather than the local ones. The local ones are biased (obviously).

CaptainMusky

I believe if both Bally Sports North and NBC Sports are broadcasting the game, its blacked out on NBC Sports. Once during the regular season this scenario came up, but it wasnt blacked out, but the next time it was.

lindyrig79

I said felt. Not know.

Body language, interviews, the dinner ordeal. Plus when you are the highest paid player on the team you need to be a leader and I don’t see it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I have U tube TV.
    Thanks

The first two games have been on NBCSN and that is the channel I was able to watch them on.

I think (hope) that’s the case for the entirety of the playoffs. I would assume the road games were on Bally too, and they just did two broadcasts.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Well Deanno said there will be no line up changes tonight just now on KFAN.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well Deanno said there will be no line up changes tonight just now on KFAN.

They’ve had the same few flawed players in the lineup all season, why change it up now? if they lose tonight because they can’t score, then maybe you see a desperation change to hopefully spark the offense….

CaptainMusky

I agree, I didnt think a change was warranted. They could have easily won both games. If they lose tonight, there will be a change I am pretty sure on that, regardless of how they play. I hate that the game is starting at 8:30. No reason for that.

JoeMX1825
    MN

looking at other Wild boards I can’t believe how many people want Parise in for Mojo…I mean if the Wild were allowed to stop the game, let Zack skate down in front of Fleury and get setup, then restart the game again i’m all for it, but I don’t think that’s how it works )

CaptainMusky

looking at other Wild boards I can’t believe how many people want Parise in for Mojo…I mean if the Wild were allowed to stop the game, let Zack skate down in front of Fleury and get setup, then restart the game again i’m all for it, but I don’t think that’s how it works )

I know its like they haven’t watched him play all year. If he could just stay in the offensive zone the whole time, if the puck leaves the area, then the Wild could add a skater, but the skater has to come back off the ice when puck comes to neutral ice THEN I would be OK with Parise. He’s not much faster than Heatley at this stage.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

ast Parise comment. Russo said one day last week on KFAN that it has turned pretty messy behind the scenes and he doesn’t see either side moving past the issue to the point of ZP staying with the team long term. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that the captain did not except responsibility for his actions in Vegas and instead turned it into he was doing what he thought was right instead of what the coach thought was right even to the point of him saying the players agree with me and that’s all that matters.
    I don’t see him stepping on the ice for the Wild again. You know the owner loves ZP so for Billy G to get an ok or at least support from the owner afar says a lot about how messy this has gotten.

I think you’re right but even given what seems to have happened behind the scenes, I have to ask is this any way to run a hockey team in the playoffs and beyond?

To me this spat about Parise and not playing him is cutting off the team’s nose to spite its face. Not playing him only reduces his (already limited) value even further. By doing this, the Wild are admitting that they must trade him at all costs to the team so that just makes his value even lower and increases the hit the team will have to take to move him. Certainly, it wouldn’t be any worse with him in the lineup, so now we are sinking a tough deal even further into the mud.

Just another terrific situation left to us by our terrible string of the worst GMs in hockey. The consensus inside hockey even at the time was that 13-year contracts were CRAZY. And now we know that this was exactly right AND this is X2 because The Fletch did it to us twice. What if something happens to Suter with years still left on his deal, which will seem like some very long years if his productivity should take a big nosedive whereas his cap hit or recpature won’t.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think they (GM/Owner/Coach/Cap guru) have ran through all of the different scenarios with the Parise situation and have come to the decision that buying him out at the end of this season is the best decision both financially (as others on this board have pointed out) and it removes all worry about cap-recapture penalties if he retires early. So there’s no hit to his trade value because he would never get traded anyways…

I don’t fault the Wild for the contracts for him and Suter, at the time they were signed making the last 3-4 years of the deal basically for less than $1 million per was perfectly fine to do (other teams did it as well for Luongo and Kovalchuk) The following year the NHL swooped in and changed the rules because it was cap circumvention (duh, everyone knew that) and enforced the same caphit for the entire length of the contract even on old contracts signed before the new rule (How the F was that approved by the Owners?)

lindyrig79

I agree…. 8:30 pm home game is BS

tswoboda

I don’t fault the Wild for the contracts for him and Suter, at the time they were signed making the last 3-4 years of the deal basically for less than $1 million per was perfectly fine to do (other teams did it as well for Luongo and Kovalchuk) The following year the NHL swooped in and changed the rules because it was cap circumvention (duh, everyone knew that) and enforced the same caphit for the entire length of the contract even on old contracts signed before the new rule (How the F was that approved by the Owners?)

Yup. Both signed for less than other teams offered, filled the X, and made this franchise relevant. They were supposed to retire after next season, until Bill and Gary changed the rules.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I agree…. 8:30 pm home game is BS

It happens every year, I swear. They start the east coast game at 6 and that doesn’t end until after 8:30pm, even if it finishes in regulation. At some point I’m sure St Louis will have one too.

I remember a couple times recently when Nashville got the second time slot and they are in the eastern time zone. That’s a 9:30pm start.

They have at least 3-4 channels they can put a game on. Use them. NBCSN isn’t the channel available.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Yup. Both signed for less than other teams offered, filled the X, and made this franchise relevant. They were supposed to retire after next season, until Bill and Gary changed the rules.

Yep, in agreement with all of this. There were 29 GMs that would have pounced at the ability to sign both of those guys if they had the means to do it. Instantly made the playoffs essentially every season they were here which brought in a lot of extra revenue. There are many other trades/signings to fault Wild GMs for, I just don’t think these are 2 of them.
    As Joe said, how the league could penalize teams for something that was completely legal at the time is reprehensible.

Ripjiggen

X3 sorry Grouse can’t put this one on terrible GM’s of the past IMHO.
    May put some blame on the current GM for how this has played out some.

tswoboda

Another playoffs, another Kadri suspension. They should announce the length later today, but I could see it trickling into the 2nd round. That’d help if the Wild get past Vegas.

Viewing 30 posts - 2,341 through 2,370 (of 3,757 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.