2021 Minn Kota Vantage 36 volt 101 pound thrust

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I am taking my vantage off my boat. What is a fair price to ask for it? I don’t need to sell if but I really don’t need it around either. Thanks!

haleysgold
    SE MN

Well, MK quit making them so parts will become an issue if needed down the road.
    If you find a buyer.

You could start with $1k if it’s in very good shape and come down from there if needed.
    Just sitting in your garage doesn’t cost you anything either.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

If it is in good shape, keep it and sell it for a pretty penny in a couple years.

With the discontinuation, people are going to be scooping them up.

slough

Think I got 700 for a 24V last spring. Mine was like a 2013 model though.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I think a 36v unit will likely bring about $1200. Virtually ever warrior tiller is sold with one, and I doubt most of those guys will want to go without one when they start to fail.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I think a 36v unit will likely bring about $1200. Virtually ever warrior tiller is sold with one, and I doubt most of those guys will want to go without one when they start to fail.

I didn’t know that about the Warriors.
    There’s other threads on here that discussed them and a lot of guys don’t like em.
    I’m 50/50 on them.
    No spot lock for one thing.

When mine craps out, I’m not sure I’d replace it. On the other hand I don’t want to run to the front every time to drop a bow mount in.
    And no, I won’t do the auto deploy bow mounts.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>

I didn’t know that about the Warriors.
    There’s other threads on here that discussed them and a lot of guys don’t like em.
    I’m 50/50 on them.
    No spot lock for one thing.

When mine craps out, I’m not sure I’d replace it. On the other hand I don’t want to run to the front every time to drop a bow mount in.
    And no, I won’t do the auto deploy bow mounts.

I had a Vantage on my 185 Tiller, and I loved the thing. I don’t understand why people don’t like them, unless they had issues with theirs. Which is not uncommon, many had deploy motor issues, I never had a single issue. IMO the Vantage was not intended to hold you directly over a spot. It was meant to back troll. But, I thought it is a great job for vertical jigging and for river fishing. Bow mount motors have come ALONG way since the vantage came out, so I can also understand the big drop off in sales for a Vantage, or transom mount motors in general.

I would put a Vantage on my 20′ tiller, but I just don’t have the room on the transom.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

The trolling motor is in great shape. They guy I bought the boat from didn’t use it much and I have only used it a few times. Thanks guys!

CaptainMusky

My buddy had deploy issues with his first generation but his dad was an electrical engineer and he found the flaw and fixed it. SHould have sent the design into MinnKota for them to use for a fee.

Mike Zyvoloski

Hey, checking if you have sold this yet. Currently in the market for 36V Vantage.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Hey Mike I have not sold it yet. Sent you a PM.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.