2019 Waterfowl Reports

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I drove past Big Lake on Monday afternoon which was mostly wide open water and there musta been 800 geese sitting out there in addition to a couple hundred mallards. They’re definitely still around…

fishking22

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishking22 wrote:</div>
    I’d like to get duck or goose hunting a time or two more but have no experience down south but I am willing to drive.

The last weekend of the season in the south is usually pretty busy in all the easy to access spots with out of town hunters looking to get one more hunt in. Unfortunately, the easy to access spots are pretty much the only areas with open water still…

Yeah I did a little scouting a found a lake that is mostly opened up with a few hundred ducks sitting on it. Looks I’ll be breaking some ice!

404 ERROR
    MN

Yeah I did a little scouting a found a lake that is mostly opened up with a few hundred ducks sitting on it. Looks I’ll be breaking some ice!

Take me with lol

fishking22

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishking22 wrote:</div>

Take me with lol

For the future or next year. Do you have weekdays off?

fishking22

Well we weren’t able to get through all the Ice so we hunted the river today. 3 honkers for us. A lot of geese around. After we got back broke the rest of the ice to get a path out to the lake. Should be a decent hunt.

404 ERROR
    MN

Take me with lol

For the future or next year. Do you have weekdays off?

Whenever! I do not…

I’m calling it a year after this weekends hunt. Racked up a pile of Goldeneyes and 1 hen Mallard. Birds were still in the area and some of the fields were absolutely loaded with Mallards. Some of the fields down here look like North Dakota in peak…

The season was a little slower than usual, but the hunts I went on were memorable, and that’s what matters. I finished my season bag with 45 birds.

dave-t
    Mac-Groveland, St. Paul

Last day out for the year yesterday and hunted the Mississippi. Saw hundreds of geese, and fair amount of mallards and golden eye. Everything was decoy shy for us but we did get a six pack of geese to commit and dropped them all. It was beautiful out on the river and already looking forward to next year.

Attachments:
    1. 34F1B6B7-EA4F-4021-B15B-C3A07AC31954.jpeg

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.