2019 Ford F150 Receiver Hitch Angle

• RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

I recently picked up my new truck supercrew with 6.5ft box. I previously had the same truck. Something that I noticed, and it is really bugging me because it doesn’t look right. When looking at the receiver with hitch inserted it angles downward. I have checked underneath and nothing appears to be bent our out of line but it just doesn’t appear correct. My previous truck was not like this and since there aren’t many of the new supercrews with the 6.5 on the road have not been able to compare. Just wondering if anyone else on here has the same truck and has noticed. Haven’t had a chance to get back to the dealer but will bring it up to them when I go back, just don’t want them to say oh this is normal when something is really messed up.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Watching this as mine does the same. I hauled a Large load of Paver blocks last year and was thinking that I may have bent the hitch or mounting some. Its not much of a downward Angle but enough for me to notice it.

404 ERROR
    MN

Saw a post on a Ford forum about it. Looks like you aren’t the only one…I have a 6.5′ Screw, but it’s 8 years older. Mine is straight as can be and has hauled around 8,000lbs on multiple occasions.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I’ve got a 2018 Screw with the 6.5 ft box, and it’s level.

milemark_714

Assembly issue.If dealer won’t help,take it to a place that installs hitches.My guess is that they will have to loosen mounting nuts/bolts and level hitch.Then re-torque hardware.Some hitches use shims between frame and hitch,maybe one is missing?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

2018 and mine is level.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

Okay so here is an update. Stopped by the dealer today to have them take a look. The sales guy I bought the truck from looked at it and said something is not right about that. So brought it over to the service department. Had 3 service guys and 2 salesman looking at it. They all agreed that it did not look right. So another sales guy says hey mine looks like that also. So we proceed out to the lot to look at the other 2019 trucks. They all did it just a matter of how much. Some were very noticable and some not so much. The trucks like mine with a 6.5ft box it was really accentuated.

So I guess that is just the way they are.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Charles

Well doesn’t that make you feel good about buying a 45K truck lol.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

It can be fixed and not that tough. The rear frame just needs to be tweaked or the mount shimmed. Complain enough and Ford will take care of it.

404 ERROR
    MN

Complain enough and Ford will take care of it.

No they wont…

The back windows have been shattering with zero explanation since 2004. We are now on year 15 and generation 3 without a change…

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>onestout wrote:</div>
    Complain enough and Ford will take care of it.

No they wont…

The back windows have been shattering with zero explanation since 2004. We are now on year 15 and generation 3 without a change…

So you have a new truck under bumper to bumper warranty and the window broke but Ford won’t cover it? There is more to your story than you are sharing.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I read his statement as Ford having the same problem (shattering rear window) since 2004 and they haven’t come up with a solution. I can’t imagine Ford not standing behind it under warranty.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

Well they would have to do it to every truck in the lot. So I really don’t see them doing anything about it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I was referring to the windows. And I don’t know if EVERY truck has a window problem.

If they won’t fix your hitch tell them you don’t want the truck. If thy say no we aren’t fixing it I guess you have a decision to make.

CaptainMusky

To me this could potentially be a hazard in the making. I am guessing its a very small amount, but just think about how a hitch coupler clamps to the ball. If the hitch is tipped down without ANY weight on it, now had tongue weight (trailer) its going to be even worse. If your coupler is remotely loose and you have heavy tongue weight and possibly weight in the box lowering the rear even more, you are no longer clamping on to the majority of the ball because as the rear end lowers, it accentuates that angle.
    I would not be happy about this period! Is it a great risk? Probably not, but certainly worth mentioning because service techs and sales folks certainly aren’t probably the type to consider physics and geometry.

404 ERROR
    MN

So you have a new truck under bumper to bumper warranty and the window broke but Ford won’t cover it? There is more to your story than you are sharing.

If you were referring to this instance, then yes, I apologize. They should cover it under warranty on a new vehicle. This isn’t a “your” story, I never once said it happened to me (even though it did, out of warranty). I now have the fuse pulled on my rear defrost so it wouldn’t happen again.

I took your statement as they would eventually change the process and correct the issue all-together. Which has been shown to be false on a couple known issues that have spanned 3 vehicle generations.

Sorry for the confusion…

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Internet misunderstanding, no harm. Will they go back and fix everything, not likely. More than likely a running fix and also fix the units that people complain about.

Jason Miller

I have the same problem with my 2019 f150 Lariat but the 5.5 box. I currently have dealership looking into it with their engineers. I know my trailer hitch is adjustable and can counter the downward angle but I’m still worried about the receiver assembly not being able to accomodate the tongue weight at that angle. I’m no engineer but in my mind it could be a legit problem and I have my family in the truck 80% of the time I’m towing. I’m curious if you have gotten any further with your dealership?

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Sounds like an issue of a employee in the plant doing something different than the recommended process, or the recommended process in the factory being incorrect.

Had an equipment oem having problems with a large amount of newer pieces. Turned out it got traced back to one employee either didn’t receive the training or didn’t absorb it and wasn’t tightening a bolt correctly. Every machine he touched had the same issue. Very expensive problem due to one small part of the process.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

No I did not get any further on this. I have given up. I am actually looking at dumping the truck because of lack of payload capacity. Just having a hard time swallowing the depreciation when I drove it off the lot.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Well, for anyone picking up a new truck in the near future, make this part of your inspection and refuse delivery until it’s fixed.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

dumping the truck because of lack of payload capacity.
    Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Thought Ford had one of the most payload capacity? Web site states “Best in class” What you trying to hall with it? LOL

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.