2018 WX 2060 Expierience

• nick2060

Just wanted to provide some insight to potential customers who are looking at purchasing a 2060 in the future. I am a long time salmon guy and have recently made the switch back to walleye with the decline of lake huron for salmon. After looking at all the major manufacturers boats I was drawn to the Skeeter wx series for the fishability and layout. I was looking to purchase a leftover 2017 this fall but had the opportunity to order the new 2018. I was a little apprehensive because all of the changes were not finalized, however I felt confident in my dealer Westland Marine and my salesman Bo Bowman if the changes did not meet my families needs. I was more than impressed when the boat showed up. The fit and finish seemed to be improved even over the 17 models. The layout is perfect for the multi-species fishing I do. I have had the boat apart extensively installing LED lights and other accessories and the construction is excellent. One item that really impressed me was the extra thought that went into running accessory wires, almost everywhere I needed LED’s or even an additional graph there were already neatly labeled and terminated wires.
    The second half of my story made me even happier I purchased the 2060. When ordering the boat I knew I was going to get one of the first boats in the Midwest, and anybody with a manufacturing background would be nervous. After fishing the boat a few times I has some minor fitment issues with the starboard storage door. Within days I was contacted by Skeeter Sales Rep Joe Carlson, and with no questions asked a new door was drop shipped to my home. He also spent time on the phone with me to discuss the boats performance and any other issue I had. The customer service has been second to none. Overall performance of the boat has been great, I am still in the 10hr break in period, but the boat should be able to see close to 60 mph, and the chop I have had it in so far it handled better than expected. I apologize for the long 1st post, but this is the type of feedback I look for before a purchase. You often don’t get to see all of the positive feedback of companies. Here to a great 2018,
    Nick

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Nick
    Thanks for your review ! I had the opportunity to drive the boat several times, but as everyone knows, driving vs fishing can be different. My 3 days on the river fishing out of the boat was not short of expectations. Regardless of the brand on the side of the boat, it fished very well !

Jeff Tawney

Nick,

Please post some pictures if possible.

I picked up a left over 17 model. I also have been impressed with the attention to detail these boats have. I found the same thing when i wired up my 9″ and 12″ Hummingbird Helix graphs. The dash is over 1/2″ thick on these boats.

Jeff

Attachments:
    1. 20180130_1836371.jpg

gregl2017

Funny! I was thinking about posting how I’m eagerly awaiting what the guys who got the 2018 wx2060 thought )

Hey Nick..can I ask you a question about the side rod locker. How hard do you think it would be to change “Remove” the 2 rod tubes so it’s like the side rod storage of the 2190?

Oh ya and please.. post this pics of your new ride )

nick2060

Here are the couple on my phone, I will take some pics of the side rod locker tonight. The starboard side locker shrunk quite a bit, it is a good place for planet boards. Any other specific questions I would be happy to answer

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1473.jpg

2. IMG_1489.jpg

3. IMG_1488.jpg

nick2060

Here’s the side rod locker. It’s all 1 piece molded. You could Roto-zip whatever you want, but it is definitely smaller than the current 2190. I think both these compartments were reduced in size to gain cockpit size. The rear storage is a major improvement for me, and the new seating works for my kids. I do agree that the old jump seats were a little more secure in rough water, but I typically try to pick my days with the young ones.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1648.jpg

2. IMG_1649.jpg

gregl2017

Thanks for the pics!!! What an awesome boat!

iowaskeeterguy

I also have a 2018 wx2060 that I purchased from 154 marine in Missouri. I could not be happier with fit and finish and layout. I have not had it out on the water yet, but I am extremely happy with the boat thus far. I think anyone who is considering this boat will be pleased with it!

Attachments:
    1. 017FA685-13B0-4D93-AF78-C2DF94561FDD.jpeg

gregl2017

Hey iowaskeeterguy, nice ride!

I’m curious what height is your garage door?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.