2018 1750 Rebel SS

• DonG

I pulled the plug on a new “18” 1750 Rebel SS and am kind of excited about getting it.It’s being built as you read this. I feel for me it’s the best bang for the buck for what I do but I’m somewhat concerned with the power. The max on the boat is a 90 which is ordered but yet the XS model (same identical hull dimensions) has a 115 max. The only difference in the two is the other half of a windshield and 50 lbs.Is anyone familiar with this model or have experience with it to tell me about the performance I should expect. I’m an advocate of maxing out the HP on any boat but this ones a head scratcher as to why the difference in HP ratings on the 2 boats. The dealers cant answer my question either.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Congrats on the new rig. Actually, the base model name is 1750 Rebel XS, they then add the SS (single side console, that you bought) or Sport (walk-thru windshield).

My 2 cents is, the SS is marketed more as a “fishing” boat, so they maxed it at 90 to help keep the price down, the Sport is the “family” version, expected to have Mama and the kids on-board, skiing, tubing etc, hence the 115 rating.

According to Lund’s literature, the SS/90hp is a low 40’s rig, the Sport/115hp is more mid-40’s.

HRG

mojogunter

I’m sure you will be very happy with the boat. Lund doesn’t underpower their ratings. If you are at the max all will be good.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well I’m not sure if this is going to help or confuse you more… but I spoke to Skeeter down in TX about weight ratings. His explanation covered HP as well.

Every new model that we come out with, we have to certify with the NMMA. Part of the certification is measuring the hull for the capacity, this entails measuring the hull at 30 particular locations. We then take those measurements and plug them into a hull volume calculation that tells the maximum weight capacity and the maximum size engine that we can power the boat with. We then take the maximum weight capacity and subtract the industry standard weight for engine and its rigging and are left with our people and gear weight. For this particular boat the maximum weight capacity is 1600 lbs., after the 200 HP engine is factored in that leaves you with 737 lbs . We then take the 737 and divided it by 141 (USCG posted average weight of a person) and round to the nearest number and that leaves us with the 5 persons.

My Angler SS is rated for a 90. The next year they rated them for a 125. No clue as to what changed.

DonG

I talked with Lund (believe it or not) about this and they couldn’t give me a straight answer either. All things being equal and the SC being 50 lbs more due to the dash and windshield on the port side should make the total legal weight capacity less then my SS, actually leaving my SS with the 115 and the SC with the 90 if their playing the weight game. All other specifications and calculations are identical. If they put a 115 on them next year I’m going to be pissed..

DonG

After a long wait she’s finally home, and since these pictures it received all it’s bling and been wet fishing 3 times, what a nice boat this is.

Attachments:
    1. side.jpg

2. new-Lund1.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How’s the motor after some review then, happy?

Great looking rig and congrats on the new ride, don’t be afraid to snap some interior whistling woot

DonG

I can’t say enough to describe how good the match with the 90. I’ve been breaking it in and haven’t had it above 4500 rpm’s but I can tell you it was running right at 40 mph (GPS) with full fuel tank, all my gear, all the boat gear plus 3 battery’s, and of coarse.. fat lil me.. 230 lbs. I don’t know where the WOT mark will be for a few more hours, then I’ll go from there making any rpm adjustments with a 4 blade SS prop Spitfire X7. The boat itself is very responsive to the trim adjustments and it picks right up on plane. I’m going to guess that with the right prop that 90 will push that boat near 45 mph which is just awesome. It’s so quiet at idol you can’t hear it running, nice motor.

Bryan Shelton

I have a 1675 Impact with a 90hp Merc. Plenty of Power. I have had it fully loaded with gear and four men all over 200-250 and got it up to 42 mph. You will really like the combo! Congrats on the boat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.