2017 St. Paul Ice Fishing Show

• Tom Kolinski

I was wondering IDO is going to be there?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I believe James and crew usually represent Otter while they are there. Not necessarily IDO.

AaronMoore

I’m popping my cherry this year

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Typically the first weekend in December.
    I would check it out online but my internet’s down

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m not much of a fan…by the time you pay for parking and 1 or 2 $8 beverages, the “sales” don’t save you any money. Also, that’s one of the 4-5 best ice fishing weekends in the entire season. There’s no chance I’d waste early ice standing around in those crowds.

queenswake
    NULL

I’m not much of a fan…by the time you pay for parking and 1 or 2 $8 beverages, the “sales” don’t save you any money. Also, that’s one of the 4-5 best ice fishing weekends in the entire season. There’s no chance I’d waste early ice standing around in those crowds.

The only reason to go to the ice show is if for whatever reason you can’t be on the ice.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I dunno. In the two times I went I saved myself about $400+ off retail on an otter fish house and an flx-28. One year I happened upon free VIP tickets.

I’ll admit I wouldn’t go unless I can save at least $200 on the trip.

Personally, I don’t need an $8 beverage at 8am either.

bigpike

I have heard of the good deals from buddy’s that went there with cash in hand. It’s worth it if you are hunting for a big ticket item. Especially if your patient and try to deal. They don’t want to take the stuff home. I am torn because it usually is a great time for first ice. Not sure if I’ll pop the cherry this year but you never know….

Tom Kolinski

Plus you gotta go for the Bikini Ice fishing team.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

It’s December 1 – 3, 2017

That’s what I remember, last few years early for actual ice fishing…open water from the metro up past Mille Lacs. Skim ice at best.

Plus you gotta go for the Bikini <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Ice fishing team.

I think they’re gone now, was a treat when they were there…!

Attachments:
    1. 7e00081ac57c0879881f756e93685f53.jpg

AaronMoore

do you get any deals on ice rods from the likes of TUCR, Thorne etc etc?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

In the past Thornes booth was a zoo for ice rods. I have seen them sell out of certain models early in the weekend. Sunday is your best bet for a deal, but then you chance not finding what you want on hand there.

AaronMoore

hey Tom, who makes those lures in your avatar? but thanks for the info on the rods might just pre order and then shop for other stuff I don’t need ;)

tucrs
    NW Metro

Most of the vendors have deals, Friday is the best availability of items.

By Sunday it can be slim pickings.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

hey Tom, who makes those lures in your avatar? but thanks for the info on the rods might just pre order and then shop for other stuff I don’t need ;)

Thanks DT. Yup….I cook those up here at home. If you’d like to chat about it you can pm me. here.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.