2017 620FS

• payday
    Ramsey, Mn

For those that have ordered a new boat, How many weeks did it take from order date to the date you took possession? I’m currently at 17 1/2 weeks. (3/28 – 7/27+)

Gitchi Gummi

Thats a long wait. What was your initial delivery date they gave you? There seems to be a lot of over promising and under delivering with new boats this year.

payday
    Ramsey, Mn

At the time of order, delivery was estimated mid-June. 6/12 I was told completion was 6/27 and delivery by 6/30. Was told by Ranger that the delay is due to shortage of windshields.

Just can’t make this stuff up:
    Discussion I had last evening with salesman he stated the incorrect windshield is on the boat…Bubbles as opposed to Walk-thru. Not sure how items not on the order get mounted to the boat. They’ll have to answer that question in the morning.

CaptainMusky

Discussion I had last evening with salesman he stated the incorrect windshield is on the boat…Bubbles as opposed to Walk-thru. Not sure how items not on the order get mounted to the boat. They’ll have to answer that question in the morning.

That sorta thing happens more than you would think. I remember many moons ago when I was selling cars, we had a brand new Bonneville that had 3 leather door panels and 1 cloth. There was even a GMC truck with a Chevy steering wheel.
    Nice final inspection. LOL

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Maybe take possession of the boat with the bubbles now with the understanding that when the walk through becomes available, the dealer will swap them out.

shady5

Look on the bright side, soon it will be a 2018 620FS!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Look on the bright side, soon it will be a 2018 620FS!

]]

When i ordered in 2005, I was told that mine would be a 2006 as it was delivered at the end of June.

FDR

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Do believe that was at least 2 owners ago though.

FDR

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Cancel the order.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

[/quote]

Ordered mine in 2015 and it took almost 14 weeks, 3 weeks longer than the estimate. Have had some discussions with my dealer about this and he states Ranger Boat sales for 2017 are 40% more than last year, as they say Ranger Boats, built one at a time. I am in manufacturing and although waiting for your boat truly sucks, I can imagine the increased sales is really causing havoc out there as they have only so many molds, some many hours and they can only do based on what their suppliers can do for them. On the bight side, it is still being made in Flippin. Can you imagine if Johnny Morris decided to move your boat production to his Springfield plant to catch up! No Thanks. Good luck and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I wonder how many PO’d customers of all manufacturers (rightfully so), got a call 2,4 whatever weeks after sale saying you know that boat we could get to ya in a month, well it’s gonna be delayed for this reason, we apologize.

I’d assume there has always been delays in all aspects of life, seems like the customer service behind it sucks a$$ more and more. Very few care anymore, which I partly blame for pride in people’s work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.