2016 IDO Fantasy Football League

• Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve gotten started on creating a league for IDO members to play fantasy football. I’ve never been the “commissioner” of a league before so bear with me as I begin this journey. I’m thinking 10-team league unless we get more interest, draft will most likely be this Thursday around 6:30 pm online.

Please “RSVP” to this if you’re interested in playing or sent me a PM with e-mail address since I’m guessing I’ll need to enter that to get you invited to the draft.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Me too…I will PM email address etc. Just wondering, what’s the wager? Looked like in the past it was a crankbait or some fishing item. Also is there a weekly winner or just end of season? If you have a little more info, would be helpful for myself and any others that may be interested.

Andy

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will play again…

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m open to anything really. It’s an NFL.com league with a draft scheduled for 6:30pm Thursday (default time zone is Easter so it’ll say 7:30pm Eastern).

I picked the snake order draft with the order determined randomly. So that means when we “show up” online the order will be determined randomly and the first round will go 1-10 then the second round will go 10-1 and keep “snaking” like that.

I’ve always just played with an overall champ at the end of the season. I’m open to anything on the wager, crank baits seemed to work fine last year, or we don’t have to wager anything at all, doesn’t matter to me.

Any other questions let me know. Like I’ve said in the past I’m not a real fantasy football guru and I’ve never run a league before, but I enjoy playing and I thought the IDO league last year was pretty fun so I’m looking forward to it!

Looks like only 3 of 10 spots are filled so we’re looking for more!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would suggest for fun… I know it was always a struggle getting the crankbaits… (like pulling teeth) and some never would send them in so… fun is fine with me !

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m fine with doing it for fun. I’ve never won a league so wagers are always something I end up parting with. Unless someone else wants to be the receiver and eventual shipper of all the crankbaits. Maybe this year we’ll do it for fun and then return next year with a wager.

sbr_it

If you still have openings, I’d be in. Thanks.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Send a PM with e-mails guys and once I have a few I’ll send out the league invite to the addresses you give.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I apologize for any that weren’t able to enter the league using the intial instructions I gave of league name and password. Like I’ve said this is the first time I’ve done the whole commissioner thing and fromw what I read on the NFL.com the league name and password were all you’d need.

I’ve gotten a lot of PM’s with e-mail addresses for invites, so if you’ve sent me your e-mail address you should have the league invite; if not let me know. We haven’t maxed out yet so if you sent me a PM there should be a spot for you.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Ok, I have registered and my son-in-law is picking out my draft now. wink I know that votes so far was no wager, just for fun…but that’s no fun! I have enough collection of fishing goodies that I will offer that to our league champion. (Unless I win?). I will package a nice prize and will promise to deliver or send to the winner. I believe there are still openings, so anyone else join…could score a cool prize! yay

Dan
    Southeast MN

Alright folks, draft kicks off in approximately 8 1/2 hours so here are a few notes and/or proposals:

1. I believe right now we’re sitting at 7 teams and I know I’ve gotten more messages than that requesting to play, so if you haven’t done so yet please sign up. If for we do not get enough to fill a 10-team league we can still play but I’ll have to go in the settings and modify it to 8 teams prior to the draft.

2. If you’re unable to be online for the draft I’m fairly certain the website will “auto-draft” for you. I don’t think that’s a bad thing because (if I remember right) sites usually draft the best-available player when your turn is up. In all reality it takes some guesswork out.

3. I’ve been going back and forth over the draft time per pick. The website defaults to 90 seconds but I had originally changed it to 60 seconds. The reason for that is that drafts can last a very long time and none of us want to be spending hours and hours behind our computers tonight. Then again, if there are some that won’t be online the auto-draft is instantaneous and makes things go very quick. So if anyone has thoughts/recommendations please let me know.

4. Reminder-the draft is a snake-like format. So if we have 10 teams, Round 1 will draft in the order of teams 1 through 10, then round 2 will draft in the order of teams 10 through 1, and so on. In my opinion this creates the best parity and makes things equal for everyone.

5. Regarding draft order-from what I’ve seen on the league website, we can make our own order or the internets will give us an order 30 minutes before the draft. I’d personally like to know the order sooner than that and I was thinking of literally drawing numbers out of a hat or something. I also want you all to feel like things are fair so please let me know what you think. I don’t want anyone to think that I manipulated the order for me or anyone else, so if you’re not comfortable with that that’s fine.

I realize not everyone will be able to read this prior to the draft but for anyone that does please provide any thoughts/comments/recommendations, especially on items #3 (60- or 90-second time per pick) and #5 (if you’re fine with me randomly determining the order sooner than the 6pm computer-generated time).

Thanks folks!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There’s still time! From what I can tell, there is one more opening. Would be good to fill the 10 teams. I have set up my draft preferences already since I will be in a meeting tonight and unable to join the draft live. Remember I have offered a prize package. I would post a photo but I don’t have everything collected yet. Wait and see…
    Dan, I would be fine however you want to set the draft order, and timing and such. Thanks for getting this started!

Dan
    Southeast MN

No problem sir, thanks for playing and offering the prize package!

haasjj
    Cordova, IL

I’ve gotten started on creating a league for IDO members to play fantasy football. I’ve never been the “commissioner” of a league before so bear with me as I begin this journey. I’m thinking 10-team league unless we get more interest, draft will most likely be this Thursday around 6:30 pm online.

Please “RSVP” to this if you’re interested in playing or sent me a PM with e-mail address since I’m guessing I’ll need to enter that to get you invited to the draft.

RSVP Haasjj if it’s still possible to get in.

[email protected]

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Got back from my meeting a while ago and looks like the draft is completed and hopefully according to (my plan) grin Also looks like we got 10 teams to fill out the league. So, let the games begin! woot

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well we now have our IDO 2016 FFL Champion! Sploosh is the Champion. As promised, I will award Sploosh a prize package although I don’t know who Sploosh is on this forum? I will customize it a bit for Sploosh’s fishing preference (walleye, pike/muskie, panfish, cats?, ice fishing, etc.) Unless Sploosh doesn’t go fishing at all, then I suppose I could send a box of chocolates… razz

So.. Sploosh, if you want to post here or PM me I will get it together. And congrats…! peace

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Can you post Sploosh’s week 16 Championship game starting line up for us?? I bet it includes one or two of the following.. Elliot. Johnson. Bell.

And,, if it includes Bell It wouldn’t be surprising if the rest of the team is average but had a decent week 15 and 16 based on what Bell did in week 14! Tell me I’m wrong..

Dan
    Southeast MN

Haha I was the commissioner of this league and yet I still forgot that a thread existed about the league. I had forgotten about the prizes you offered, that’s very nice of you, I’ll get ahold of Sploosh and see what he thinks. I’ll also see if I can’t still pull up his roster for all to see what his championship team looked like. Although from memory I don’t think he had Bell, Elliott, or Johnson…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Can you post Sploosh’s week 16 Championship game starting line up for us?? I bet it includes one or two of the following.. Elliot. Johnson. Bell.

And,, if it includes Bell It wouldn’t be surprising if the rest of the team is average but had a decent week 15 and 16 based on what Bell did in week 14! Tell me I’m wrong..

Here it is, if you can see it…hope he doesn’t mind?

Attachments:
    1. Sploosh-IDO-FFL.png

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.