2013 Skeeter EZ Loader Trailers – Do They Have Special Hubs?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

So I have a 2013 EZ Loader Single Axle trailer that came with my MX1825 and I took to a local marina up north and asked them to look the wheel hubs & bearings over and do any required maintenance if needed (Trailer probably has about 2,000 total miles on it over 10 years since new)

They called me back a few days later to say they don’t have the required tools/parts to work on these style hubs/bearings???

Now I dont have my manuals here in town with me, so what kind/type hubs & bearings are on a 2013 EZ Loader trailer that make them supposedly so special? (Hoping a fellow owner or The Boat Center can tell me?)

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5806.png

Ripjiggen

Vortex oil based hubs. Not that hard.
    Not aware of any special tools. Common on ranger skeeter. Done them myself messy but not that bad.
    Not sure where you took them but if they can’t do them I would probably not have them touch my boat or trailer going forward. I probably wouldn’t trust them to change my lower unit oil.
    https://www.loadrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/VortexManual.pdf

JoeMX1825
    MN

appreciate the info!

Yeah, I’m not gonna say who it is because they are a nice outfit…I’ve never used them for any service before and likely won’t, this was just a convienance opportunity so I didn’t have to get my hands dirty with other things on my to-do list….

Ripjiggen

I should clarify that’s what I think they are from the pic on my phone.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I should clarify that’s what I think they are from the pic on my phone.

it looks about right, I’ll probably just call the Boat Center to confirm, that was the only picture I found on my phone…

Ripjiggen

I always chuckled when it says 6 years or 100k miles. If you are putting 100k on your trailer before six years. We need to have a beer because you are my hero. grin

MX1825

I have 2012 MX1825 single axle. Had issues from the get go with irregular tire wear. Had a lot of run around with trailer manufacturer but eventually got a complete new axle in 2015. Since replacement it has been perfect.
    The Vault brand oil bath hubs have been perfect. You can get a 10 year guarantee with them. I have had absolutely no problems with them and have not touched them. No leaks or heat build up after driving at highway speeds. Just got back from Devils Lake, ND 2 weeks ago with no issues. I used to tear my grease packed bearings apart every fall and service them before boat went in storage. If you don’t see any oil leakage I would leave them alone.

Ripjiggen

Yup my bad those are Vault not Vortex they look to similar especially in my phone.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If you don’t see any oil leakage I would leave them alone.

Yeah, I think I’ll do that…again, the trailer only has about 2,000 miles on it in 10 years…

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Vault Service Kit

Yes they are Vault, I have 4 of them on a 12yo Tandem axle and I like them .

Jon Cutlan

Last year – my 2012 trailer was at the 10 year mark. I purchased replacement parts – kind of a pain from the ezloader website and did it myself. I ordered spare hub/bearing parts as well as most places will not carry these parts to be safe. I think the system works – just a pain that most places don’t service.

There are a few YouTube views of how to replace.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Rebuilt them once.

mojogunter

My Ranger has vault hubs. I had a seal start leaking last year, so I went through and serviced both axles. They are pretty easy to work on. Just a little different from a standard hub, but their required grease is like gold. They are very proud of it. If memory serves and my mind is not very good. I want to say 2 tubes of grease, 4 seals, and 4 bearings was $180. I just remember the bulk of the cost was the grease.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.