2003 Super Hawk 1800 Crestliner walk thru windshield

• tominblaine

Last summer I shattered my walk thru while replacing the upper bumper screw.
    Crestliner was no help, also tried a couple of online Marine places as well as a couple of local dealers, again no help. I’ve considered using using plastic but would prefer to have tempered glass. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    Tom.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Had this happen on my 2006 Lund. File a claim with your insurance as it should be covered.

It took about 12 weeks to get a windshield as a new one had to be manufactured. You could try the mfg directly, too.

They are spendy….mine was nearly $5k due to the single mfg run. If it wasn’t covered under insurance I would’ve had a dual console boat.

tominblaine

5K holy cow, I’ve had the dealers talk in the range of 2500-3500 for whole windshield replacement, almost had a heart attack then, my walk thru size is approx 22″w x 27″h, good idea checking with insurance. I’ll have to see what the deductible is. Also did try Taylor Made as well

Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is a company over by Milwaukee I think that handles a ton of parts. Sorry I can’t remember the name. Send HRG from this site a PM he will know.

milemark_714

There is a company over by Milwaukee I think that handles a ton of parts. Sorry I can’t remember the name. Send HRG from this site a PM he will know.

Kendor Co or greatlakesskipper.Best to give them a call,they have a lot of stuff that is not advertised.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This is the one I was thinking of……….

greatlakesskipper.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The boat deductible should be pretty low I would assume. I think mine was $250.

They are really spendy because no one has the parts anymore.

You could check and see how much the windshield dimensions have changed over time. I’ve heard of guys buying newer windshields and retrofitting. Could be an avenue for you.

Good luck.

tominblaine

Thanks guys sorry for the late reply, I have tried all the above suggestions with no luck, my nephew in park rapids has a glass guy that can do what needs to be done so I’m bringing the frame up over X-mas and let him have at it. Thanks again to all for your help.

Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.