2002 Lund 1950 Tyee Magnum

• bigpike

I need opinions offered on this boat. I have an opportunity to buy one from a 1 owner. The boat has been stored indoors it’s in excellent condition for its age. It comes with a 2002 Yamaha 200 h.p. four stroke, bimini top, bow cover. Lund trailer with surge brakes. Brunswick hull for bonus.
    Thanks for any and all opinions….

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Check the normal, transom & floor. If it’s a one owner check with a dealer and see if the warrantee can be transferred. Typical stuff to check for on the motor and go with your gut feeling. Just remember, you WANT a boat, you don’t NEED a boat.

Good luck, post up pictures if you buy it.

bigpike

The boat is definitely big ( for me ). But my use is big water: Apostle islands, Nipigon .etc. Is the fishing platform going to be higher than I would like. When I get on northern on Nipigon I might release 40 or 50 large pike in a day. Many are released by leaning over the gunnel and holding the fish and popping out the hook. I wouldn’t want 40 or 50 large fish in my boat. For the fishes sake and mine. So that’s one concern.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My ProV the sides are much higher than I like. I think you would find landing fish would be a challenge but on the other hand the deep boat would be nice. Do you anticipate running a tiller motor? If not you could land the fish on the back as long as you didn’t have wave wackers. Another thing for me personally I wouldn’t want to bounce that boat all the way to Nip on rollers. But thats just me.

Sounds like a road trip…..how far away is the boat from you? You are in Northern Wisconsin right?

bigpike

The boat is 45 minutes away. I saw it once already. Thought it was sold but still went and seen it, put myself 2nd in line. Now I’m up…

The one thing I would need is a tiller. This purchase is based on my 50+ mile trips into Nipigon. Doing it with just one aging motor no matter the dependability is asking for trouble if it breaks down. Get caught out there with your pants down and you might get exposed for a couple days or so.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good luck with the purchase!

jake47
    WI

Don’t buy it!!!…..because I haven’t convinced my wife to let me buy it yet doah

Given my memory of your geographical location and the specifics of what you posted, I’m 99% sure you are talking about the boat I have inquired about a few times…

Timmy

I believe that 2002 is in the timeframe when there were corrosion issues with Yammy exhaust. I would pay to have the lower unit dropped and the exhaust scoped. If it is in rough shape, factor that repair into your purchase price. If you move forward at that point, replace the water pump before reassembly. Just my $.02

bigpike

Not in the cards yet. Need to make my pole shed doors higher. Have a few to many other pokers in the fire that need to get put out first. Then I will concentrate on the boat purchase. Thanks for your input guys and I will continue to search and plan and ask more questions.
    Btw it is a very nice boat that someone will be happy with from what I seen of it…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.