2001 F150 XLT 5.4L 163,XXX $3,900

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I have owned the vehicle for over 10 years.

New items in the Past year
    -Rear Sliding Window
    -Front end work-Ball Joints and Tie Rods
    -Alternator
    -2 new coils
    -It has had regular maintenance and taken care of.
    5.4L engine
    163,XXX Miles
    Transmission was rebuilt about around 100,000 Miles

There is rust and the roof of the cab has lost paint.

I have it listed on Craigslist at 2001 F150 XLT

I replaced it with the same model only 14 years newer.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3498.jpg

2. IMG_3500.jpg

3. Screen-Shot-2016-01-06-at-2.44.53-PM.png

4. IMG_3497.jpg

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Just curious why you replaced it with the same model when the tranny barely made it 100k miles?

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

It’s not the same tranny as 14 years ago……

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Good question…. that could’ve been in a PM. coffee

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Good question…. that could’ve been in a PM. coffee

nhamm and Alagnak Pete are both correct.

It’s not the same tranny as 14 years ago……

Also things happen with any vehicle.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

It wasn’t meant to be offensive it was a simple question as to why he choose to stick with him. Like any product I would expect advancement and improvements with something going wrong I was just surprised to see your tranny not last over 100k I thought maybe there was more to it like heavy towing etc.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Ford….. some peopleAmericans choose to support ’em after not taking any bailout money from Obummer

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

It wasn’t meant to be offensive it was a simple question as to why he choose to stick with him. Like any product I would expect advancement and improvements with something going wrong I was just surprised to see your tranny not last over 100k I thought maybe there was more to it like heavy towing etc.

My buddies battling his Chevy dealer right now on a tranny that has 78K on it and left him stranded in the middle of a lake. Sh*t happens on all makes…RR

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Ford….. some peopleAmericans choose to support ’em after not taking any bailout money from Obummer

One reason out of many.
    I also drove every pickup I was interested in. I started test driving 2 years ago. I was in no hurry and researched it. I did not like the feel of the chevy. I did not want to go to Dodge for a few small reasons. I have owned 3 ford pickups now and they have all been good to me.
    My 01 I am selling transmission went out because the throat bearing shattered. I had a company rebuild it that is very good. I am not sure why it went but it happens. That was one of the first repairs I had to do. Since then I have done more but that is expected.
    I now use my truck for business and needed to update the truck because in the real estate world looks do matter and I had some cosmetic issues that were obvious. I will miss the hell out of this truck. Many memories with great friends.
    I purchased a 2015 f150 XLT crew cab and very happy with it. Aluminum body was a plus for me. I have followed the improvements ect. Buying a new truck was well researched and there is only one option I wish I had, the 32 gallon tank.

In short it would be like saying I had a problem with a pickup once and I am never buying one again. Whole new design whole new truck just the same name. At the time It pissed me off but it has been a great truck.

Money from selling is going to a new topper for the new truck and maybe a payment or 2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.