2001 Alumacraft Lunker tiller?

• jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I have a 2001 Alumacraft Lunker tiller. Have a 40hp Honda carberated on it. Thinking of going EFI. I’d like to go 50 hp, but I can’t remember what it’s rated for. It’s in storage and can’t get until April so I can’t check the tag. I’m pretty sure that year tiller is 50, would anyone know for sure? My dealer has retired and can’t find anything on the web.

abster71
    crawford county WI

had the same boat wouldn’t recommend the 50 if you like trolling go with the F40 yamaha with vts trolls awesome and you only loose 1-2mph full throttle vs the F50 on the same boat. That was one backtrolling machine for me and cheap on fuel thinking it ran about 32-34pmh

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What are your goals for the new motor?

Alot of money to spend to save a few bucks on gas.

Fumes from backtrolling can get nauseous, do you run a good synthetic oil? Should help quite a bit with that.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

What are your goals for the new motor?

Alot of money to spend to save a few bucks on gas.

Fumes from backtrolling can get nauseous, do you run a good synthetic oil? Should help quite a bit with that.

The 40 Honda that I have now is a 4 stk so fumes aren’t an issue. It’s carberated and the EFI would be much better. You’re right about the a lot of money part, that’s why it’s still in the thinking stage.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I also would like the vts

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

here’s one for sale

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bod/d/2001-alumacraft-lunker-165/6452456555.html

maybe call him and ask him to send a picture of the tag?

Hmmm, found this, might be 45.

Thanks HRG, gave him a call, he was going to send me a picture of the tag if it wasn’t under a snow drift. Must be too much snow, haven’t heard back. The reason I was thinking of going 50 hp was in case I would ever switch to a Classic or similar floor plan, I would use the same motor.

https://outboarddecalset.com/alumacraft-lunker-v16-ltd-boat-capacity-decal.html

HRG

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.