2 lines fishing for Minnesota River and inland portions of Mississippi River

• 3Rivers

I know there has been a handful of topics regarding this and just wanted to put up a main post with just the facts.

Starting July 1st it will be legal to use 2 lines on the Minnesota River from Granite Falls Dam down to the confluence of the Mississippi River and also the Mississippi River from St Anthony Falls downstream continuous. No other rivers or lakes are included.

The date has been confirmed with both the MNDNR and MN Legislature.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Congrats on the victory I guess. Everybody can be happy now. toast

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

Darren, Bk, and others who have worked so hard to get this bill passed I thank you. Hopefully it means more bent over rods for me and other catfisherpeople.
    Thank you!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am happy to see this, but I also expect to see more illegal walleye harvesting on Pool 2. I hope DNR will step up their checking of buckets and live wells.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Amen Dave. It’s unbelievable after all these years that I still see people down there putting fish in the livewell. I casually motor up and let them know that P2 is C&R for walleyes, sauger, bass, etc. and usually get the deer in the headlights look as most honestly don’t know that. Everyone I’ve talked to has thanked me and set all the fish free. Signage and other postings are ridiculously poor down there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.