1st Lund 1875 pro v bass

yay

Pro v bass 1875xs, E-Tec G2 200hp, Rx4 series prop, MG XI5 101/60″/36v, Lowrance HDS3 12″ SS3D at helm, Lowrance Hds3 9″ at bow, Ilite TI 7″ in dash.

Thoughts before rigging begins

Charles

Have fun with the rigging?

Any photos of it, been kind of curious about these boats.

FryDog62

Congrats! Yes, would like to see the color combo between the boat and matching G2 Etec.

Also, if you’re anywhere near the Twin Cities I would buy you lunch, beer (fill in the blank) for a test ride some time.

Fry

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’d put a pair of 12 Ft. Minn Kota talons on that thing for sure. You should be able to find them to match what ever color your boat and motor are. I’d also go with Lowerance HDS Gen 3 electronics in the largest size you can justify. Some Smooth Move seat shocks would also be nice. Other than that the Sky is the limit

Well here’s the back ground how this came about.
    I grew up in MN an lived on the Missippi. Graduated, an the military took me to the east coast (Virginia until early my 30’s). Primary large mouth fishing, as you can imagin being in Virginia. It seemed if you mentioned “eye” fishing you were looked at as if you where mentally challenged.

Sold my rig to make the move to WI easier.
    Running kids all over an weekend events made “serious” Fishing take more of a back seat to the family an seasonal hunting.

Well now it’s time to dust of all the gear an get back to it.

I’m far from being a “eye” guru. Was use to my bass rig. So when in search of a new boat it was hard for me to think of spending a good chunk of $$ on a aluminum boat. With much research an thinking I’m very happy with what I’ve decided to go with. The way I see it, I should be able to accommodate serious fishing of all species on all bodies of waters.

Dealer had a grey XS already on order with custom trailer.
    Had it worked out to swap the custom trailer out with the standard bunk an guides when it gets here. Didn’t make sense to me to have custome trailer when he didn’t order the boat with the upgrade decals on the boat itself. Saved me a few $$ to put into more functional items.
    Chose the e-tech G2 200. I’m hoping like hell I don’t regret it. Was going to go with the Suzuki 200af, but I guess the hype got to me on the G2.
    Requested 101/36v xi5 over the 80/24v minkota as my research was leading to the xi5 does a better job when in anchor mode. As well as the base Is less obtrusive an takes up less mounting space.
    The choice of xi5 lead me to Lowrance from hummingbird for easy compatibility. HDS3 12″ at the helm with 3D transducer. HDS3 9″ at the bow using the Xi5’s transducer for now. Installing the elite TI 7″ into the dash which will connect to the G2 for the engine data. I figured it saved me a good diffence in $$ instead of using the G2’s Updraded in dash display. As well as I have the ability to use the Elite TI as a graph. The Lowrance/xi5 units will all be networked.

I had to compromise with the kids an let them choose the the G2’s color’s an get a ski pole.

Typical options of custom travel cover, Blue tooth radio, additional bike seat, 3 bank pro series charger, rod holders.

I figured that’s enough $$$ spent. I can can add side or total scan transducer next year to the XI5. Only couple years an kids will be out the door. I can add the talons then,as the ski pole will not ever be used.

I’ve been out of the game for awhile. Is their some details/preferences I should be making sure of when dealer starts to rig it up? iE: Lowrance units hooked to stating battery an not the 36v system?
    I was told the XI5 101/36v will run all day long with hard usage?

I’m feel like a kid at Xmass lol

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Congrats! Yes, would like to see the color combo between the boat and matching G2 Etec.

Also, if you’re anywhere near the Twin Cities I would buy you lunch, beer (fill in the blank) for a test ride some time.

Fry

Sounds like a sweet rig!

I’d also like to match Frydog’s offer.. I’ve been so close to pulling the trigger on this boat a couple of times, but I keep hesitating because I haven’t had an opportunity for a test ride. Depending on your distance, I’d gladly buy you lunch and beer for a test ride.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Just another fisherman tale w/o pics. Just sayin’….

Post up some photos of that bad azz rig!

Just another fisherman tale w/o pics. Just sayin’….

Post up some photos of that bad azz rig!

Mr Turner,

I’m not Einstein by know means. What I can tell by reading though. Is that the boat is not rigged yet. That I’m sharing some details an excitement of my knew purchase an ASKING “Is their some details/preferences I should be making sure of when dealer starts to rig it up?”

I can be condescending as well..

If you have some useful information to what I’m asking. Please, I would gladly take note of your expert opinion.

When this bad ass boat as you call it, is in my drive way. I will takes some pics for you. Will even post several of them with differnet time stamps an videos. Just so their is know fish tale questioning my integrity toast

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Gotcha.

My advise from the items you have listed:

Graph mounts – this hot topic gets debated often. Some of it comes down to personal preference and how much dough you want to spend. Cisco is top notch if you prefer to have zero shock allowance for your mount. I prefer RAM ball mounts so some of the shock can be allowed via the mount after smashing that spine tingling, unexpected wave.

Xi5 mount – will you ever want to remove your unit? Do you launch at steep ramps where bow mount could catch on winch post? Perhaps this risk could be relieved with the newer quick release brackets.

Sounds like an amazing rig you’ve purchased and will enjoy seeing your photos and if you have time, the follow up performance reviews.

Congrats! Hope it provides the platform to create endless, fun memories.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

One last thought… Sorry I don’t have any advise as I haven’t rigged or owned an aluminum boat for years…

Transducer location? Perhaps some of the other mastermind riggers who visit this site can share their experiences. Seems like a source of lots of frustration if those aren’t rigged as best they can on a rig designed to get to skinny water.

FWIW

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>frydog62 wrote:</div>

Fry

Sounds like a sweet rig!

I’d also like to match Frydog’s offer.. I’ve been so close to pulling the trigger on this boat a couple of times, but I keep hesitating because I haven’t had an opportunity for a test ride. Depending on your distance, I’d gladly buy you lunch and beer for a test ride.

Fluff and Fry would travel to meet if it’s convenient for you… Maybe at least buy you a bottle of Seafoam or something you didn’t mention in your rigging process. Or a bottle of Hamm’s, your call ;)

patk
    Nisswa, MN

One recommendation – I didn’t see anything about battery chargers. Electricity matters and not having it or not taking care of batteries sucks.

Look into both an onboard charger and a DC alternator on board charger. Minnkota makes nice stuff.

Welcome to IDO!

One recommendation – I didn’t see anything about battery chargers. Electricity matters and not having it or not taking care of batteries sucks.

Look into both an onboard charger and a DC alternator on board charger. Minnkota makes nice stuff.

Welcome to IDO!

I do have a 3 bank pro series going in.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

I do have a 3 bank pro series going in.

But if you have a 36 volt system, wouldn’t you want a 4 bank to charge all 4 batteries?

Well..it final arrived today. Have to continue to wait though. Merc is coming of an HO G2 goes on an rest of rigging. Its becoming very hard to be patient

Took forever it seems to get it. I’ve had it for about 3 weeks now. The boat itself far exceeds my expectations. The G2 on it is mind blowing. I’m not sure I could justify every getting something different.
    Truthfully am thinking of selling and getting same boat with smaller G2 now that they have come out with G2 150/175Hp The 200G2 literally giving throttle crossing wake on some standard chop on the water rockets the boat out if the water. Fun fun fun an a dream to have. It’s having a Ferrari while riding in a Cadillac. Love it!!!!
    I’m running a 22pich an hitting 5100rpm. Will be going to 20″ an should put me at the lower end of Rpm Rang around 5400. 5400-5800 is where I want to be.

Attachments:
    1. image-4.jpeg

2. image-1.png

3. image.png

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Beautiful boat!

Thanks for sharing pics. Should be easy to sell with the less popular ETech/Lund combo versus the dime a dozen Merc/Lund combo’s.

Life’s short, get to work finding the boat that is ideal for your angling needs. I’ve been through dozens of boats and still searching for the “perfect” boat.

BrianF

How fast are you going at WOT with this set-up? Never heard of anyone re-powering DOWN, but I get it that you have a lot of ponies back there for an aluminum boat this size.

How fast are you going at WOT with this set-up? Never heard of anyone re-powering DOWN, but I get it that you have a lot of ponies back there for an aluminum boat this size.

The recorded max speed to date that has been stored by the G2 is 60.3. I don’t recall ever seeing that speed hit. Guessing it was first couple times out getting acquainted with the boat an no load.
    With fully loaded gear, 4 people, usually around 1/2 tank glass give or take. I’m consistently hitting 57 58.

ADKMAN

I am considering adding an atlas hydro jack plate to 1875 prov bass. anyone have pros and cons of doing so. Primary rationale for doing this is to maneuver in shallow water without tearing up prop. thanks

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

@frydog62

Believe fry has got a jack on his.

Musky Ed

I am on my 2nd boat with an Atlas plate, and they both have been fantastic. First one was on a bayboat for 5 years on the intercostal salt waters, and now have one on my walleye boat. Never have had a problem. For your combination, I would go with the least setback possible. Atlas makes one with a 4″ setback and I think that would be your best combination, especially if it is with a heavier 200 G2. The more setback you get, the more your boat will want to squat in the rear when not under power, idling, and taking off, and for that reason I think the 4″ would be your best option. Also looks as that you have a single axel trailer, and if adding a jack plate, you will probably need to move your winch forward a few inches to keep the right balance when trailering.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve been looking at these boats hard lately. Can’t stop watching YouTube videos of them. Probably try and find a used one in the next year or two. ADKMAN(or anyone else with one) how you been liking it? Any issues? Are they pretty solid and dry on big waters like Mille Lacs/Leech?

BTW, in the pic above, that 200 Etec looks massive on the back of that boat! shock

nord

Work1fish, do you have to pump grease into the bearings on that Lund trailer? Looks like bearing caps on it.

jpg66

How do you like your set up with the E-TEC reason why I’m asking I just purchased the same set up with a G2 200 H.O. on the Lund 1875 pro v bass Xs just being rigged up. I could of stayed with the merc package but I always been an Evinrude guy so I payed a little more ,,,hope I made the right choice

Attachments:
    1. 7DC48FBD-6F2C-4040-8927-2822F5A11DD4.jpeg

I love,love,love it. After experiencing the G2HO I couldn’t imagine having anything else on the back. Hole shot is like a rocket. Doesn’t matter where you give it throttle you feel it. You an be Cruising at 50 an give it more an you will still feel it. Turns like it’s in rails. The ride is as you would expect. Its a very nice feeling when your out in some weather an the other bigger boats are cruising along 30-35 an you are dry an comfortable rolling 45. The boat motor combination is perfect. You’ll want to do more boating than fishing when ya first get it! Congrats!!

jpg66

That’s great to hear I was really starting to second guess myself. I decided to go with a rx4 21 propeller or what would you suggest? Btw I hope you don’t mind me picking your brain you are the only one that I could find running a G2 on a Lund pro v bass

No, no. No second guessing. You will be pleasantly surprised every time your on the water.
    22-20 will all do great. I had 22 but thought my rpms where a little low. Thats the only reason I changed from that. Performance wise was great. Went to a 20 an the Rpms are right at the higher end of the range when wide open. 21 will be “PERFECT”. I’ve not tried one but I’m certain it’s the best. Actually due to unfortunate circumstances on Thursday. Im now forced to order a 21 tomorrow.
    Know matter what pitch you go with you will not notice any difference in the hole shot or mid range (I mean you will but NOTHING that anyone other than you would notice an you will have a hard time noticing. You Will still be the fastest out of the water. Guessing with the 21 you should be hitting 59 regularly an Perfect situation an light load, might hit 62. I hit 60 regular with the 22 an once hit 63.
    No worries…21 it is.

jpg66

Are your running a four blade or 3 ? And may I ask what made you go with the G2 over the merc which Lund comes from the factory ?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.