1995 Crestliner Phantom 1860

• Dan Moeller
    Cedar Falls Iowa

Just curious if anyone knows what my boat would be worth? it is in really good condition and has a Mercury 125 horse outboard that was gone through by a professional shop and compression and everything is great, a Motorguide Xi5 24v 80 lb thrust with pinpoint GPS trolling motor, Lowrance HDS 9 Touch Gen2 with Navionics Hot Maps Platinum North Chip, and a minkota on board 3 bank charger. Trailer has new tires and the boat and trailer is in solid condition and good condition.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d guess around 7-8k, maybe a little more in the spring.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

It’s crazy used boat prices this year. Have seen these rigs price all the way from $5k-$12k.

Only thing that matters is what people pay for them, and if they even sold.

Your specs I’d list for at least $9k in spring.

Got same boat except with a Johnson, absolutely nothing but compliments from people who hop in. Good luck selling.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It will be 23 model years old in the spring. As some people find out there is a listing price and a selling price. Depending on how fast you want to sell it will determine which price you list it at. Remember because of age financing will be tough for some. The cheaper you can keep it the more cash buyers you will run into.

I think somewhere in the $5,000 to $7,500 range would be my guess.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I sold my 1996 Phantom 1860 SST with a 150 Johnson for $8750 and that was 5 years ago. No trolling motor, but I did have a 10 HP kicker with full rigging to run from the console.

My phone was on fire and I could have sold this boat 5X over. I found out these Crestliners were highly desirable for the bigwater GL salmon guys that keep boats in the water. The lack of leaking rivets is a big advantage as is the length and depth of the boats given the other much higher cost options. I also had multiple serious calls from Canada as a boat of this size and HP costs MUCH more up there.

Condition is everything and one man’s “good” is another’s “fair to poor” so I’d have to see pictures to know for sure, but my advice would be to sell in the spring and make the boat SPOTLESSLY clean. Use the winter to fix all those “easy fixes” and condition issues so the boat is 100% working and looks good. Professional carpet cleaning from an auto detailer is worth 3X the cost. Buff it out too. Nobody buying in the spring wants a “project” so whatever’s broke or wonky, get it fixed or tear it out and replace it.

My estimate is $9,000 to 10,000 if it’s really in good or better condition and IF you sell in the spring. In very clean condition with no major condition faults, it could go higher.

Grouse

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

I bought the same boat with a Yamaha 130 (less than 100hrs on it)
    only went to Canada every other year for a week and no other trips
    rigged out about the same with a 4hp kicker
    last spring for $6500
    I think I got a very good deal it’s spotless inside and out
    (the guy put carpet remnants on top of the carpet to keep sand and slime off the original very anal about the boat)
    this time of the year $6000-7000
    Spring (tax refund time) $7500-9500
    Good luck

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Insurance or selling?

Love to see some pics toast

Dan Moeller
    Cedar Falls Iowa

Ill get you some pictures id sell for the right price. dont have to but we just bought an acreage and i have 2 young kids so only got it out once this year. id hate to just have it sit. but if i cant get a decent number out of it ill just hold on to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.