1957 Alumacraft – valuation

• toddrun

Hello All,

I have what I think is a 1957 Alumacraft, console steer, with original trailer, and I think a 1964 Evinrude 50hp electric start, electric shift outboard. It runs good, in decent condition. Gets put on a lake at least once a year, just to get it run.

Anyway, thinking about selling, but its tough to come up a price. I know it has different value for someone who may want to restore it, then a different price for someone that may want to just use it. But I am struggling to figure out what is a good asking price.

Does anyone have a good handle on what something like this would be worth, or what a good starting price would be?

Thanks for any suggestions.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The market is very limited for a small older console boat like this. Assuming it’s clean and in good to very good condition. You might be able to unload it in prime time in the $2000 range if the right buyer was looking, bit even that might be a stretch.

Be prepared to lower the price if it doesn’t sell within a few days of listing.

Grouse

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I think $2K is a stretch.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think $2K is a stretch.

I would agree, but as I said be prepared to lower the price if it doesn’t sell quickly.

In CrazyTime, you would not believe the boats that have been sold for WAY more than I thought they would ever bring. It doesn’t hurt to try and after the prices I saw LAST summer, there are going to be a lot of desperate boat buyers at the low end of the market.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you are desperate you shouldn’t be selling or buying.

toddrun

Just Googling, looking for ads all around the country, I couldn’t find anything exactly the same, but some close. The price is from $500 for very used condition to $6200 for fully restored. This one is 100% original, lightly used condition, everything working as expected. Tough to figure. I guess I can list it, anyone interested can make an offer if it is too high priced. Just didn’t want to start too high, and then get no interest. Thanks for the opinions.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pictures, pictures & more pictures. grin

Iowaboy1

check around with the local vintage car clubs, several of them want an era specific something or other to tow behind their restored rides,, boats are the number one thing, campers of the era rank second among them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.