13 tickle stick

• Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Has anybody used the 13 tickle stick ? I bought an ultra light one a paired with a Sienna 500, any input would be appreciated

ozzyky
    On water

I used my buddies a little bit last yr. there ok. He was trying out my bullwhip. Let’s just say he owns a bullwhip now and a tickle stick.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Ya, it’s more of an introductory level rod for me, I’ve always used the small coil spring bobbers

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I have one, I like it but I don’t love it. For me, it is a good rod to use in the shack but I don’t feel like it performs when out in the elements hole hopping.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Fishing outside was the main reason I wanted to try a rod of this type, I want to see how the spring works

Nathan Lindall
    Eden Prairie, MN

I’ve got a flat tip widow maker in a 27″ UL and I would guess it’s really similar to the tickle stick. As someone who hasn’t ever used a custom rod before, it’s definitely my go to rod. I fish outside a lot and haven’t had problems with freezing up yet and the tip is really sensitive (a huge upgrade from spring bobbers in my opinion). Also has pretty decent backbone for an UL which helps when fighting the odd pike.

Josh Hedstrom

I just bought a ML 27″ Tickle Stick for a deadstick in the shack. I haven’t fished it yet since I was hole hopping with my QT from Tuned Up the first time out, but I am curious to see how it works. Seemed like a decent rod for the price point.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I have one, I like it but I don’t love it. For me, it is a good rod to use in the shack but I don’t feel like it performs when out in the elements hole hopping.

I should clarify that I more so don’t like mine outside the shack because of the Black Betty reel. I feel like that freezes up on me and doesn’t free fall like it should, it takes a long time to get a line back down the hole. In the shack, the free fall works great.

I’ve added a TUCR Bullwhip for this season that I am excited/hoping will become my go-to rod.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.