13 Fishing Tear Drop

• competitor
    South central, mn

I have had one for a few years now. Got it for $50 at Scheels on close out. I have it spooled with braid and flouro leader. It is really comfortable to hold for me. I enjoy that. I only use it in the hard house (which I don’t fish in much), but it seems to work well with the heavier jigs I use for walleyes. If I had to be honest, I don’t find it great. Definitely not worth more than $50 for me. A good spinning reel is still more confident and trusted for me. I own and use 10+ bait casters for bass and musky, so I have experience with these types of reels, yet this feels awkward when reeling in fish.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

JUNK. and i’ll trade this as I did the black betty for a half drank can of beer.
    actually I got a slab rap and some jigs for the BB.
    No more gimmick reels for me, I’ve learned my lesson.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I tried to actually order some direct from 13 and they told me they were being discontinued, yet I saw (could be old stock) a pile of them at Thorne Brothers a few weeks ago.

I am actually glad it happened, I messed with one, and just don’t think it was right for me. It seems goofy to me. It looked like a good idea though.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

JUNK. and i’ll trade this as I did the black betty for a half drank can of beer.
    actually I got a slab rap and some jigs for the BB.
    No more gimmick reels for me, I’ve learned my lesson.

Where can I send the .5 beer and shipping money? I love my 6061 for panfishing.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Geerdes – BB drag stinks, why didn’t they allow you to back reel? and the line slips out and wraps around the outside if your not care full. I only used it for Eyes probably wouldn’t be to bad with pannies.
    Tear drop – joke and a half. If I mean when you get a backlash good luck getting it out. The give you about a one square inch area to get your fingers in to try and get it out.
    I would trade it but I’m going to keep it as a collectors item. In 50 years i’ll pull it out and people will say “what the hell were they thinking”

jarrod holbrook

I admire 13 fish from a research and development point of view. They definitely push for new. That being said I think they are too quick to release their products. I also acknowledge that in this game if you ain’t first, you’re last. I drank the inline cool aid. I have a black Betty and a 6061. I can’t say I’ve ever out fished a spinning reel with any inline. I jumped on the last shimano symetre 500 and I’m glad I did. The free fall is unique and they definitely listen to the customers with upgrades. It just doesn’t bring $100 of value to the ice. I’m back on the spinning reels and can’t say that I have any regrets.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I tried to get into the whole inline reel fiasco but I just can’t find one that I like. Maybe I just can’t get used to them but I find it creates more problems than it stops. Tried about 4 different kinds and went back to spinning reels every time. I still keep catching fish so the line twisting can’t be that bad……

Yoshi

i’ll take you guys up on the beer offer..

i actually have never had an issue with my tear-drop. it takes some time to tweak and make it right for you personal liking. just like any casting reel.

i’ll pick some up if you don’t want them!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.