12-18-16 IDO Show

• Duke M

Now that, was an enjoyable show! A trip that most of us would recognize. Only most of us would have been happy to catch those crappies and felt they were a trip saver. Reality reared its ugly head and it was still enjoyable to watch Good job guys.

Duke

barrelslime
    Illinois

Love the new format. Great show.

Tyler Warner

Loved it! This show is heading in a great direction! Hands down the best fishing show available.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Now that, was an enjoyable show! A trip that most of us would recognize. Only most of us would have been happy to catch those crappies and felt they were a trip saver. Reality reared its ugly head and it was still enjoyable to watch Good job guys.

Duke

Thanks Duke. We put a lot of thought into the feedback we received over the summer. Obviously we can’t do everything suggested but our hope is that what we’ve added will address much of what viewers were looking for. I know I’m personally very excited about the Spot On The Spot segment and the new studio, both of which will help us provide greater detail for our viewers.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

Has this show been posted on the site yet? Can’t find it and I do not have cable. Thanks!

dingerboy8292

Was a great show really enjoyed watching it!

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

I don’t have cable, but I look for it right away Sunday mornings on their you tube channel. Great show, and I cant wait for the shorter videos with info from you and other ice fishing experts. It is all about learning and your show does that. I liked how you explained why you set up in deeper water and the reasons behind it. Cant wait until the next show. Keep up the great work.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I subscribed to the YouTube channel and now every Sunday morning around 9:05 I get an alert on my phone. Will the shorter segments send out an alert also? Love the show.

shady5

I certainly don’t speak for everyone, but personally, I don’t tune in to watch someone reel in fish, rather I am hoping to take away something useable for when I fish. Mission accomplished, so James and Cal, don’t feel bad about the slow day!

marvins
    Kansas

Watching it now. Thanks for making it available on utube for us southern people without cable TV.

Mike Petersen

I’ve always appreciated the honesty of the IDO show with a few times being, “hey, fishing was really slow today”…I have a teenager and it’s good for him to see that even the best pros can have slow days occasionally on the water or ice…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nice explanation on the flies. As an older guy that’s used Stone flies for years, you nailed it on the disadvantages of using them on a dropper. Nice job James!

SW Eyes

IDO is the best when it comes to the raw information presented. It’s always good to hear the whys (why you’re fishing X depth at X time of year and X water temp, why you’re using lure color X and size X, why you’re using technique X, etc). Most shows just deal in whats (“we’re here on Winnie, and we’re running cranks for walleyes”….then nothing but money shots for the remaining 20 minutes).

As mentioned above, I’m not really interested in watching nothing more than another fisherman’s highlight reel on LOW. I fish there once a year. I don’t relate to that.

There isn’t a better guy in outdoor TV right now than James of relating the information to fisherman of all levels. From pros to beginners.

IDO has it down. Doing a great service to the sport we all love.

MNdrifter

Good show! Love the new format. Thanks for listening to your audience to make a better product. waytogo

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

James I love the new additions. I just wish you could still get the summer season as well. However it is what it is. If you need to redeem yourself on gills we will be in search this weekend in the carlton county area. I can’t wait to see what the future shows will be. Tight lines.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I think that you and the staff really added changes that will greatly increase the knowledge aspect of the show and increase viewers ability to catch fish. Personally I wanted the insight into where you set up to catch fish and how you determine that spot so I am stoked on the new tweaks. The studio and vignettes will also allow you to show viewers certain things in a very specific manner. I hope that having the studio allows you to maybe even use old footage as examples with explanation or more description from in studio. The show has hit the big time now all we need is an attractive female co-host like every other show LOL. That was a joke not a suggestion.

Look forward to next week.

bee
    Maine

For me it was a real nice show. Like what is taken place with the changes. Like for me that the pile of slush around the holes was removed. Makes for better camera view. You guys killed my back with all that kneeling. Keep up the good things you are doing.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I agree with everyone else, very good show. I also like the portion of breaking down the lake with the lake map. That is the part I am trying to get better at.

Glenn Spencer

Always have been a fan of the show, but the changes you have made puts it on a new level great job.

Ryan P
    Farmington

Really like the new format! I really look forward to you guys breaking down the lakes and showing how you choose spots to fish. Technology has come so far and I think it is very overwhelming for people to learn how to use it. So many people (including myself) spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on gadgets for the boat or the ice, and never use them to their full potential. Most of us grew up learning to fish from people that haven’t had that technology so it’s not something you’d learn on the water with Pops. You guys have already taken my fishing to the next level and I can’t wait to see what you can do from here!!!

Also, will there be an IDO studio open house or something? Could be an awesome event for sponsors as well as fans.

Michael Boyack

I agree with everyone else. I can watch anybody real in a fish on YouTube. I come to IDO, and recommend to all my fishing buddies, because you explain the why. Love the new breakdown on the lake and why you set up where you did.

I also love that you break down the tackle. Until I watched IDO I would have never purchased a Tingler spoon or a slender spoon. Now I rarely have anything else hooked up. My biggest frustration with going to Cabellas is it felt like I was playing the lottery with the aisles of lures and having no idea what to get. I now have a “go to lure” and brand because of watching IDO.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.