07/18 P2 Report

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

The bite seems to be getting better as the river seems to be at the perfect level and flow for quite a few of the spots I fish as they were all holding fish except one. After we got dialed in today, two of my spots were on fire and actually, was some of the best summer fishing I’ve had on P2 as many of the spots were not holding the 17-20″ers…but were now holding much bigger and more consistent fish. There was three of us today with one guy being new, so the idea of pitching dams, current seams, breaks and such wasnt a good idea. So, we just stuck to pulling cranks on current seams and breaks and over the top of WDs. We ended up netting 18 and lost 4 others. The fish seem real aggressive with some eyes completely inhaling the cranks. The reds and blues seemed to be the hot color for me today. The biggest today was 8.46# on the scale. Although for me, it is not common to mark walleyes, but there were quite a few marks in the areas were were getting hooked up a lot…think they are starting to get into a good predictable pattern with the flows coming down a bit. Should be a great weekend to hit the river..

Attachments:
    1. photo-12.jpg

2. photo-21.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good to hear they are going again. The bite on Tuesday was a little slow but figured the weather had something to do with it. Now Im pumped to get out there again early tomorrow morning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.