MX series vs WX series

• clawman
    Spokane Wa

Is the hull design different or the same in these two series?

imhooked
    Oconomowoc, WI

Here is some great conversation comparing the WX1900 and the MX1825

Another valuable post is located here (but a bit older).

Where are you located? Might be worth the time to stop in at Skeeter Boat Center and take a look at both rigs up close!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

The react keel which started on the MX is now on the new WX1910, 2060 and 2190. The big difference between the two series is the WX is a much deeper boat. There are a few interior things but to answer your question…Yes they basically have the same hull design.

clawman
    Spokane Wa

My impression has been that the WX was the family/fishing boat and the MX was the more fishing specific boat, why would they make the WX deeper than the MX?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

My understanding is that the WX series was built to be a better big water boat and the MX series is targeted more as a multi-species boat. The WX being a deeper boat makes sense in that regard.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

My impression has been that the WX was the family/fishing boat and the MX was the more fishing specific boat, why would they make the WX deeper than the MX?

I would also agree with your impression of the WX being more family friendly due to the jump seats in the stern of the boat.

FDR

kroger3
    blaine mn

Here is an over head shot of the MX2025 and WX2060. Both comparable models in there class.

Attachments:
    1. BOATS.png

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

WX has always been the deep big water boat. The MX came in as a multi-species line. They are both great fishing/family boats. Only benefit WX has for being more a family boat is jump seats. Really the only questions one has to ask themselves when deciding between the 2 is how much big water are you running and how much you want to spend. Many price points on the MX with all the different motor options.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I love my WX 1850. I can fish in the morning with the family and then when the bite slows down we can get the tube out.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I like the jump seats but not just for the fam. I can pull the back two pedestal seats out, fish four and really open up the floor for trolling or stand up jigging or casting. If I’m Walleye fishing with 4 people (me included), one goes up on the bow seat and two in the stern. I run the big motor, electronics, trolling motor and jig or rig from the console. I’m loving my jump seats.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

I fish the Miss R the most but also fish some big water like Green Bay and LotW. I elected to get a MX 2025 as fishing is my clear priority. I found my boat to be no slouch on big water so don’t let that weigh your decision too much. I found it handles big water pretty well under power with little spray back in the boat. I still pinch myself at how slow and perpendicular it drifts. I seldom need to use the bow mount to track because of the keel. Like many boats, when turning to run back upwind into heavy seas, you need to be ready with the throttle to get the bow up or you could take one over the front. It looks like the new WX boats offer many of the features 1st developed on the MX series now so it may offer a better compromise for both fishing and family boating. Either series,…you’ll be happy.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I agree that you will be happy with either, you really can’t go wrong. I was a little nervous that the rear casting deck would be a little small on my WX for Muskie casting but then I found the perfect solution. This Yeti cooler is the exact same height as the deck and can be moved from side to side. The corner radius and taper of the cooler are a perfect match too. I can still use one or both of the jump seats if needed and it provides a little extra stability for casters when things are rough.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0384.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.