Al Shaver RIP

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

One of the greats!
    I remember listening to him call North Star games on a transitor radio as a kid.

The shot – The save – the rebound – and a GOAL!!!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Great voice. May he RIP.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Al Shaver was the greatest! Like EPG, I would listen to games on the radio and have fond memories of him calling the games.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Many a night do I remember huddled under a blanket with my dad up in our unheated attic where we could get a semi-scrambled B&W TV reception of the game with Al Shaver’s Play by Play on the radio in the background… “Ciccarelli with the Puck.. He Shoots, He Scores!”

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Many a night do I remember huddled under a blanket with my dad up in our unheated attic where we could get a semi-scrambled B&W TV reception of the game with Al Shaver’s Play by Play on the radio in the background… “Ciccarelli with the Puck.. He Shoots, He Scores!”

The Wild could use a Dino.

I wonder what he is up to these days.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Ek is the new Dino, everyone not affiliated with the Wild hates him…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t care what the Wild think of him.

Ek might be good but he could never get me to buy a ticket to watch him play…..Dino did, numerous times.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

He was arrested in MN for indecent exposure, pleaded it down to a misdemeanor. A few years later he was arrested for rape in DC, but a grand jury didn’t indict.
    Not sure if I want to know what he’s up to these days.

big_g
    Isle, MN

RIP Al… He would get so excited, you would be getting ready to jump listening to the radio.

basseyes

He was the best. Loved listening to him and how he brought the game to life. Was an absolute treasure.

AK Guy

Al was the best. Doc Emrick second best.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.