Must have lures?

• tucrs
    NW Metro

Is there any lures that are must haves for this season?

I know last year Trigger X plastics were a little hard to get a hold of mid season. They worked very well.

Anything that worked so well for you, that it is a stock up this year?

I know the #4 Rippin’ Rap is going to be dynamite on crappies.

Tonka
    Minnesota

Trigger X Panfish sums it up for me. Ima try those #4’s too!

A – Aron
    Red Wing

Trigger X, some of the new spoons from VMC = slab crappies.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

The new UV Buck shots worked well on the eyes last year. Purple, yellow, and firetiger.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

1/16, 1/8, 1/4, oz. unpainted jigs. Works with plastics, minnows, crawlers and leeches. I’ve caught all different kinds of fish with them. And they’re cheap!

Fred Scott

Little Atom Nuggies, Hali’s, Fiska tungsten jigs, and Moonshine Shiver Minnows are my baits of choice.

Bryan Myers

I am a huge fan of panfish plastics, there versatility is unbelievable and I have pockets full of different colors and styles all the time on the ice. Last year I started using the Trigger X plastics with very good success, and I am very excited to get my line tied to some of the new body styles like the Wingding.

I will also have to restock my Pug Bug collection as well as they became my go too jig last season and I have now lost quite a few this summer chasing panfish in the brush.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

1/16, 1/8, 1/4, oz. unpainted jigs. Works with plastics, minnows, crawlers and leeches. I’ve caught all different kinds of fish with them. And they’re cheap!

Ooops sorry, I didn’t notice this was on the ice fishing forum.

Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

In specific, which trigger x panfish plastics are a must have ?

I’ve stocked on slender spoons, heddon sonar and b3 blades, waiting on the vmc spoons to come back in stock as well as a round of #4 rippin raps.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Whatever James Holst and crew are using this winter!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ll be trying circle hooks and crushed fatheads. Want to focus on kitties more than anything. Will also get on the Mississippi now that I have a non leaking boat.

Honestly I’ve got enough lures for chasing winter walleyes or panfish, but I think I’ll tie up some winter hair jigs of many variations and I’m usually a sucker for big spoons too.

icefisherman
    MN

Can’t wait to try out the new size 4 rippin raps.

Bryan Myers

Brad for me my two favorite Trigger X panfish plastics are the mustache worms and the wax tail, but I have had success on all of them at different times. If I am targeting bigger basin crappies then I usually will go with the 1.5 inch wax tail or the Nymph, and if I’m targeting gills primarily I will usually start with a mustache worm, sometimes whole, sometimes pinched in half, and sometimes two at once.

Alex Sharrow
    adirondack park upstate ny

last season I went out and bought a few northland tackle scud bugs pink in color and if fished just right it will be a great day

Attachments:
    1. 004.jpg

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

The mustache worm is what I had best success with. Kind of a whacky rig for panfish. They were very hard to find last winter as with most of the trigger x line. I stocked up now. Hope I had enough. Also I used the Clam Maki and you can alter it easy to take off legs and arms for more subtle presentations.

Looking forward to ice show in Minneapolis to see all new gear.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I like that idea jighead. There have been so many times my presentation has been bypassed and the split shot above gets the attention.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

The new clam XL drop jigs are a absolute must have!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The Pug Bugs are just to good… I will tip them with just about everything. .. From Trigger X Mustache Worm to small strip of balloon material…
    The Tug is the Drug Baby !!!

VMC has got a few new ice jigs in store for the upcoming ice season that I am excited to try !!

holmsvc
    SE ND

I’m excited for the #4 rippin rap. I think its going to be dynamite for slough perch in SE ND. This year I’m looking forward to using more tungsten lures for deep water perch on Devils Lake.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.