What's For Breakfast

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ok, we’ve seen pages of whats for dinner. Lets see what ya’ll eat for breakfast.

This was mine this morning. With Ma away for a long weekend I did up some scrambled liquid chickens, shredded some spuds for hash browns browned up nicely in pure butter and fried up some of my home-ground/seasoned pork sausage. I did a glass of pineapple/orange juice to simulate something healthy, but this was mine. Where’s yours?

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Looks good Tom…. for me just coffee light breakfast maybe toast but I do scramble eggs…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

you ate that all by yourself????????? devil not much of a breakfast eater. always coffee. on a work day, when I get to the office its usually a quart ziplock bag of assorted veggies, from celery to radishes, cauliflower, grapes, and carrots it varies when the garden stuff is producing. rarely when I have a breakfast like that its kinds a brunch thing.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

LOL I like the liquid chicken insert, ya looks good Tom, Browns look good also, hard to not make a mouth water kind of picture too, I want my hashbrowns thicker, not the pile being thicker but the strand of potato strand itself, if I could buy a simple shredder that makes a thicker strand of potato that would make my day, probably going to design one someday if someone doesn’t beat me too it, all with some hotsauce on it especially the eggs and browns, ya im officially hungry now but got that solved right now with a roast in the oven.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

woot

Attachments:
    1. 1657BAFC-8FB0-472E-BF64-63B732C999A2.jpeg

2. 0E93612F-9D31-47F9-9E9B-78841DD066FB.jpeg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

woot

BEAUTIFUL!

You and I are at the same table ^^ , same restaurant ^^!!
    I love eggs bennie with extra crispy hash browns!!

Deleted

French toast w/Homemade bread
    My neighbors pure maple syrup
    Bacon
    Some fruit – halos/cuties
    OJ (not the murderer)

Attachments:
    1. B97F840C-CD95-4A96-AA4E-609796B69CFD.jpeg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Those Halos/cuties…..I eat about 10 of those a day. Better than candy. Great tv snack.

That breakfast looks good….love French toast.

Deleted

I’m amazed at how much better the meals are in our home, since I learned to cook.

I couldn’t not make the French toast. My neighbor just gave me a bottle of fantastic syrup the day before & I just made the bread a day earlier, we always have bacon in the fridge and those cuties have to be eaten. It was as if it was fated. Yes, I watch the Vikings show on the history channel!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s what’s fir breakfast!!

Attachments:
    1. E041BA54-10C5-4A96-8DB5-CAFCB0C11DAF.jpeg

Deleted

We substituted spam for ham in the scalloped potatoes & ham dinner once. Our son said “this isn’t ham ! What the heck is it?” Then he spit it out and went to his room. We no longer buy spam.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Amped up cinnamon rolls

Attachments:
    1. AF5388B5-7ED7-4082-B1FF-878946113E04.jpeg

2. F65BE7DE-A5EA-4EC7-88EE-0040ECC3CDBF.jpeg

Billy whiteshoes

I love me some breakfast. I think I might have to have some breakfast for dinner tonight. This all looks delicious

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Here’s 15 pounds of breakfast sausage all linked and ready for the vacuum bags tomorrow. The plug from the stuffer is all browned up and I’ll dine on it for dinner tonight.

These are stuffed in natural sheep casing. I was a little leery of using the sheep casings as I’ve heard so many war stories about blow-outs and total casing failure, but I picked up a package of the Back Country sheep casings and can honestly say that I had zero issues with them and will use them again any day.

The pork to fat ratio is about 75 -80% to 20 – 25%. There’s just enough fat that nothing needs to be added to the pan to brown these up and when cooked they do not taste greasy. Really happy with the outcome here.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve got them all separated now and ready to bag and seal. Lots of snipping. lol

Most of the links one can find in stores are one ounce. These are closer to 2 ounces on average but there are some that’ll do one ounce that were stuffed from the narrow end of the casing. Using my palm I was able to keep the link lengths fairly uniform when twisting the links off.

I think I’ll start 20 pounds of Sandwich Pepperoni tomorrow or Weds. 2 1/2″ sticks….20″ers.

Deleted

I need to do more. I’ve got all the stuff….grinder, stuffer, smoker , heated garage, etc…..my freezers are full and we just don’t eat as much as we did with the kids here. I used to buy whole cows, now I don’t & still end up throwing outdated and freezer burned stuff away, way too often.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Perfect pancakes on the Weber.

Attachments:
    1. 4CC9CBB5-BD0F-436D-8571-D6F454EBD028.jpeg

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Wow, now you’re going all fancy on us! Nice!!

Ice Cap

I do my breakfast fatty at least a couple times a month up at the lake. Bacon weave wrapped around ground breakfast sausage stuffed with potatoes, cheese, onions and peppers.
    Do all the prep work the night before and throw it in the smoker in the morning for 90 minutes to two hours.

Breakfast fatty

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Ice Cap can you please share your recipe. Wow that looks good. How do you wrap ground meat?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I love home made hash browns, I always shred them fresh in the morning from a home dug potatoe, rinse really well then fry in real butter. Keep a pan off to the side with onions and green peppers frying up, then lay down the crispy hash browns, cover with onions and green peppers, lay a couple over easy eggs on top of that and some kind of pork to chew on.

Attachments:
    1. breakfast.jpg

Ice Cap

You have to form the ground sausage into a log after it’s stuffed with the other ingredients. To stuff the sausage roll it out with a rolling pin until about 1/4″ thick. Lay your ingredients in the sausage and roll it up. Do this on a piece of plastic wrap. Then form it into a log or meat loaf shape. Make sure you’re plastic wrap is a couple inches longer on each end than the meat log.

Roll the plastic wrap around the log a couple times. Then grab both ends of the excess plastic wrap and roll the meat log on the table away from you while holding the ends of the excess plastic wrap (or towards you doesn’t matter) pick it up and roll the same direction again. Repeat several times. The plastic wrap will tighten around the meat log compressing it and make a nice form. Then I put in the freezer to firm up a bit while I make the bacon weave. Once the bacon weave is made remove the sausage log from the plastic wrap and place it on the bacon weave and then roll the weave to cover the meat. I usually lay the sausage log on a corner of the weave and roll it from corner to corner. There are lots of You Tube instructions that show how to do all this. Some techniques will be different than what I’ve explained here, or tried to explain but it works for me.

You can repeat the rolling process again once the bacon weave is on to really tighten things up but it takes the bacon that is overlapped longer to cook and it’s just more work anyhow. It’s intimidating to make at first and tedious for the first few but after you’ve done several it’s easy. Of course there’s no end to what ingredients you can use.

It makes for a heck of a presentation with that beautiful bacon weave! Always impresses that’s for sure!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

^^^ I made this over the weekend and wow. I have ever seen my son eat so much. Thank’s ice cap for sharing.

Ice Cap

^^^ I made this over the weekend and wow. I have ever seen my son eat so much. Thank’s ice cap for sharing.

No problem I’m glad you’re son enjoyed it! Pretty hard to get kids to eat decently sometimes. Until they are teenagers then it’s hard to get them to stop! lol

Jeff Gilberg

Try the sausage in a gallon zip lock bag.
    squeeze it flat, then cut the bag off.
    less mess (clean up) that way.
    Yours looks tasty.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Ham, cheese, potato, onion omelet. Fresh parsley and garlic added to the egg.

Attachments:
    1. 56B39249-4FFE-4F7E-88AD-92696EC85783.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Like some thick cut bacon.

Attachments:
    1. F46EE2FA-6D9B-40D6-A82F-8C30E17EB72D.jpeg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Mmmm that looks great, Dutchy! Can’t remember the last time I had bacon. 🤤

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks Sharon, get this from my meat shop up around Duluth. Salty, but man it’s good. He also has chicken breasts the size of Ostrich grin do them on a Traeger and they are sooooo moist.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.