Marcum RT-9

• toxic11

So does anyone has another pictures and specs for the RT-9 by marcum.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Brief product description:

Electronics have played a major role in evolving the sport of ice fishing. Now its time for the sport to evolve the electronics, MarCums RT-9 is the result. The Revolutionary RT-9 expandable platform allows anglers to unite ice sonar, open water sonar and underwater camera viewing into one 9″ ruggedized Touchscreen tablet. Modular data ports connect MarCums Legendary High Power Sonar and Underwater Camera, and for the first time allow anglers to simulcast real-time intel from three locations on one screen. Features full 3-D Navionics Mapping compatibility with access to the sensational Navionics+Community, internal power for handheld operation, the unit also runs Android apps, movies, and games.The modular concept allows users to build their own system, with 3 data ports the user can start with MarCums Ice Sonar, then add an Open Water Sonar or Camera Module later. Multi-dimensional selectable views include traditional flasher, vertical or chart. The camera module feeds in a live glimpse of the world below, with a full on-screen display of temperature, depth, and direction overlay the sharpest underwater imaging, and a built in DVR. With multiple Sonar Modules user can view multiple holes on one display, operating and displaying independently the RT-9 can simulcast sonar or camera signals from 3 locations. Comes with the RT-9 performance pack, which includes a soft-pack shuttle for RT-9 GPS Touchscreen Tablet, docking cradle, RAM accessories allowing for compact storage and efficient portability,dual beam sonar module, 12-volt 9-amp battery and charger.

Here is a quote I found online “I’ve found prices ranging from $1000 to $1500 in my limited searching”

Attachments:
    1. RT9-CMB_3402590_ssi_pic1.jpg

Tonka
    Minnesota

That is a wicked unit

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

the unit also runs Android apps, movies, and games.

Just wondering….. can you load movies or other DVR’d shows from the Dish Hopper to the Marcum for later playback? I could see some interesting pranks coming with that.

jon amundson

Awesome!! Way To Go Marcum.Does It Plug Into Universal Sonar On Minn Kota trolling motors? That Is My Only Complaint About The Lx7.STill impressive

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just think, in a couple years, that’ll be ancient technology.

toxic11

So when can we expect some in action videos from marcum

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

So seeing it is a full touch screen does it work with gloves on? Or would a guy have to remove his gloves to flip through menus/features?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

So seeing it is a full touch screen does it work with gloves on? Or would a guy have to remove his gloves to flip through menus/features?

The RT9 works with gloves on. No need to take them off. The display has also been engineered to ignore water droplets, drips, etc., so use in wet conditions won’t weird out the display like is the case with other ruggedized tablets.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just wondering….. can you load movies or other DVR’d shows from the Dish Hopper to the Marcum for later playback? I could see some interesting pranks coming with that.

Yes, you can load up movies to watch later or you could stream them from YouTube or Netflix. Anything an android tablet can do the RT9 can do as well.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

So when can we expect some in action videos from marcum

No green light has been given yet.

Signed,

Hands R. Tied

Michael Nebelsick
    SE South Dakota

James,

If a guy already has the LX-9 will the camera, ice transducer, and open water transducer work for the RT-9

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James,

If a guy already has the LX-9 will the camera, ice transducer, and open water transducer work for the RT-9

Yes on all accounts.

fisherman-andy

PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS FEATURE ON THE RT9:
    See multiple ice-fishing holes on a single display with the dual-beam digital sonar module

– So does this mean we can connect up to 3 ice transducers and the RT9 will be able to display from each one on the same screen?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Yes, the rt9 has 3 data ports. You can use any combination of transducers or camera heads

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

See multiple ice-fishing holes on a single display with the dual-beam digital sonar module

– So does this mean we can connect up to 3 ice transducers and the RT9 will be able to display from each one on the same screen?

@FishermanAndy1

The RT9 has three data ports. An RT9 user can run a combination of sonar and cameras but you cannot run 3 transducers or 3 cameras at the same time. 2 of any one accessory is the max.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Go with what James stated. I went with the info that was given to me from the Rapala Rep at a trade show. He didn’t seem confident to me in some of his answers, so I think he may have made an assumption

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

How does the Navionics feature work on it? Seeing it has an android platform can you just purchase Navionics on the Google Play store or do you need to purchase a SD card/chip or the software for a PC?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

How does the Navionics feature work on it? Seeing it has an android platform can you just purchase Navionics on the Google Play store or do you need to purchase a SD card/chip or the software for a PC?

Both. Either. You can buy the Navionics app through the Play Store or the RT9 can run Navionics chips if you prefer that option.

Fisherpaul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fisherman-andy wrote:</div>

@FishermanAndy1

The RT9 has three data ports. An RT9 user can run a combination of sonar and cameras but you cannot run 3 transducers or 3 cameras at the same time. 2 of any one accessory is the max.

WOO HOO! This mean in a couple of years when the little man wants a flasher I can buy one and he and the little brother can share it! Save some money in the long run! But by then they will have something even better out I’m sure! Way to go!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Just think, in a couple years, that’ll be ancient technology.

Only because of the amount of technology in it…

In a few years when this is outdated, the Marcum VX1 will still be selling for over $200.

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I see that the modular camera is an additional $549, kind of crazy for just the camera itself…. What about the pack/carrying case does it come with a carrying pouch that is detachable like on the LX-9?

Josh Bothum

How come these are not on the Marcum site /not being heavily marketed…??? Issues with the product? Anyone know?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s my understanding that there are some patent issues. I’m sure someone could chime in and elaborate a little more.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Licensing agreements were the last thing I heard that was a hold up. Not on Marcum’s end, but other vendors. I was really hoping to see this out by now.

Josh Bothum

Weird because they did make it to retail… Saw them at Scheels in Fargo last fall…

c_w
    central MN

Weird because they did make it to retail… Saw them at Scheels in Fargo last fall…

I bet a Sasquatch riding a unicorn helped you carry your pail of fish to feed the Lock Ness monster too???

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Bothum wrote:</div>

I bet a Sasquatch riding a unicorn helped you carry your pail of fish to feed the Lock Ness monster too???

I’m not sure if they actually made it to retail but I am positive that retailers did in fact have demos to show off. Thorne Bros had one.

Josh Bothum

Lay off the drugs c_w… Not even sure what you were trying to accomplish with that post…?

Josh Bothum

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Bothum wrote:</div>

Not sure if they made it to retail… Google it and they are available for sale online…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.