• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Guys lets get this party started

bigpike

None….Yet

To be continued

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Here is a picture of a small one that was inside the mouth of a much larger one (36″ to 38″??). Kinda felt felt sorry for him. After I let him go I don’t think he made it.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Wow, that thing is pretty chewed up

ozzyky
    On water

Any pics when it was in the mouth of the other one.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Quote:

Any pics when it was in the mouth of the other one.

Look closely and you can see the tail of the smaller one barely sticking out of the mouth of the bigger one. I had him on a couple minutes before he finally let go.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

This is an odd thing with pike how at times they won’t eat anything no matter what you throw at them and then at other times they will strike with a belly full to the point of busting. I have found the myth that pike readily strike baits at all times to be ridiculous. I.e.: Except on flyins to the far north. I find bass to be much more predictable. Just my experience. Personally I like pike, but don’t mind catching bass. Cool picture.

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

This was my first northern ever. It was 25″ and just nailed a Scatter Rap last Saturday. I was hoping my son would have caught one b4 me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Are you sure you wanted him to land one first. Most guys would have handed the pole to the kid to reel in.

Congratulations on your first and good luck getting your youngster on one!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I don’t know how to turn the pic around!

My bro in law and his wife joined us over the weekend and we got some nice pike for pickling using my Mother in laws old recipe. Not giants but a lot of fun on light tackle! Our best lure was a blue and chrome Storm Smash Shad trolled at about 1.4 mph in 12 fow. We caught eleven of them on Saturday.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Sorry no picture so far this year. Had a real nice one on yesterday. (> 36 to 40)”, very wide – thick pike ~(14 – 15) pounds.
    Took the Husky Jerk about 4′ from the boat. Then my line went slack and this crazy fish came flying out of the water ~ 1′ from the boat and thru my lure back at me. What an explosion! The whole thing looked impossible.

schoff
    S.E., SD

Got a 36″ muskie in NE So Dak over the Memorial Day weekend, quite a tussle with a 6’6″ med action rod and 10# test Fireline no leader!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

I got my PB pike last week in NW Ontario. 45″ on a Glidin Rap. Late ice and stable weather made for a great week. Lots of upper 30’s fish and 8 over 40″ for our group of 7.

Kentucky Boy 75
    Champlin, MN

Awesome pike.
    It sounds like you had an amazing week too.

asdfasdf

Slimer patrol starts for me tomorrow night in N. Manitoba, ick….

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Quote:

Awesome pike.
    It sounds like you had an amazing week too.

That’s always a great combo ice out and stable weather, sometimes you even beat the Black flies and Ice out pike are up shallow waiting to feed.
    Great fish, makes me envious no Canada trips this year not enough bucks.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

45″ muskie caught by Jim Stolpa this past weekend on Lake Wisconsin. He didn’t want to hold it up for the picture so I stepped in for him.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Here’s the first fish of 2014. A nice low 40″er I caught the other day

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Looks chunky & healthy.
    Congrats!

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Good start to the year Joe!

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Joe,
    I would say that is a excellent fish! 42″ and healthy looking. The type I only catch on those rare trip up to the far north. I’m exceptionally happy with a 36″ in NYS. Good fight I image?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Thank You!!

Yeah, she put up a great fight

That’s a healthy looking gator you have in your avatar

How big was that one?

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Hi Joe,
    That was caught on a fly-in about 6 years ago. It was 45″ ~25 pounds. The big ones are relatively dumb up north due to the light fishing pressure.
    I fish a local lake that has nice pike (28 to 33)” with the occasional pike (34 to 40)”. But unlike up north the bigger fish have seen a million lures and are line shy. Got to hit them with the right presentation at the right time. By the way did you get the whopper casting or trolling?
    Tight lines,
    JOC

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Got a nice Tiger casting an X-Rap

Attachments:
    1. Tiger-Musky.jpg

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Attachments:
    1. image4.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.