dead stick rods

• AaronMoore

Anybody been using the Tuned up one?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

It’s on my list of future rods, but at the moment I use the TUC Noodle in a holder for my dead stick. I let the drag sit pretty loose over 6-8 lb test for walleye, the bite detection is much more obvious than watching a float.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Sure do. I like it just because I end up deadsticking so much during mid ice.
    32″ Cork last year I am going to a 36″ this year EVA.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I’ve got a Jason Mitchell meatstick that sounds similar in description to the noodle and I double up using it as a deadstick.

When giving info on the TUCR deadstick if anyone can compare it to the Meatstick that would be appreciated.

Count me in as someone who’s curious. After watching all the postings on TUCR the past couple seasons I’m starting to think about a Christmas present for myself.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I use my noodle to deadstick perch and gills. the tip is easy to see and you can tell the difference when your minnow gets scared or if its just swimming. I have yet to try to deadstick for pike with it, but have caught a couple little guys with it when trying for eyes. still gets the job done!! Either way, the TUCR rods are fun to shack whack with, and are great for feeling the bite. I love my split grips, i can feel nips at my jig easily…

AaronMoore

I have been using a noodle rod as my deadstick for a season or two, I was just wonder if a new rod was worth it or save my cash for other gear

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

I have the TUCR dead stick, it is a great rod. Has a nice back bone. The orange tip really helps for watching the rod from a distance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.