Concealed carry on Lake Pepin

• rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

I have a valid Illinois concealed carry permit and want to know if I can legally have my concealed carry hand gun on board my boat while fishing on Lake Pepin. Please no comments about the need for carrying. I just want to know if it is legal or not. Does anyone know whom I can contact to find what the law is regarding this?

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Go to handgun law dot us. And see if mn and wi have reciprocity with Illinois.
    Mwal

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Looks like only WI honors Illinois permit. So you couldn’t cross into MN waters. With no visible border that would be hard to do so I would not ccw on pepin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What MWAL said.

You would need a MN permit or a permit honored by MN to carry in the MN border waters.

Hey! “Valid Illinois Permit”?? Isn’t that an oxymoron? )

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Is kind of an oxymoron…lol. I also have a Utah carry, so would be legal. I just didn’t know if carrying in a boat was different than being legal to carry in a vehicle. Thanks for the replies?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Then you are golden to carry in your boat, car and tricycle. )

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Ah the Utah permit what BK said. That is why I have one opens up more state’s to ccw.
    Mwal

rdgallo
    Morton, Illinois

Thanks, Guys.

desperado

Please no comments about the need for carrying. I just want to know if it is legal or not.

Who could question the need when you’re on the home-waters of Peppi ?
    She’s generally considered to be amiable, but everyone has a bad day now and then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.