You like sweet corn but don't have the teeth for it?

• primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

I am not a salesman.. Wife brought home a corn stripper. I thought a waste of money. But I love fresh sweet corn. So she de leafed and dehaired and boiled some ears and got out this so called corn stripper. she puts a ear in the tube self centered, self centering cap on top, insert cutting tube and push down. Walla, clean cob. Next she pushes other push rod into the cutter tube and push the bare cob out and into the trash can. Very impressive.
    She got it at Farm-Fleet. Maybe google it. Thank me later.

39degrees

Wow. Sweet corn is my favorite food, by far. At first this sounded like a gimmick. However, that device sounds like it eliminates applying the butter and salt to corn while it is on the cob and all the messy hands. I may order one. Thanks for the tip!

bigpike

I just harvested my first cobs of corn today from the garden . Yummo

Attachments:
    1. 20200822_093700.jpg

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I just harvested my first cobs of corn today from the garden . Yummo

Ears. You harvested ears. Cobs are what’s left after the kernels are removed. You’re welcome. grin

bigpike

So I harvested both?

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I bought one of those strippers many years ago and it didn’t work very well. I ended up using my electric fillet knife to cut the kernels off so I could freeze up a bunch of sweet corn. A couple years ago I planted some more sweet corn and the raccoon had the ears gone before it was even ripe

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve tried them before and thought they were overrated. In the sense of preparing my own food I am kinda old fashioned and used a knife.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

True, overated and over priced but so nice. Plus, I still have all my fingers.

igotone

I am not a salesman.. Wife brought home a corn stripper. I thought a waste of money. But I love fresh sweet corn. So she de leafed and dehaired and boiled some ears and got out this so called corn stripper. she puts a ear in the tube self centered, self centering cap on top, insert cutting tube and push down. Walla, clean cob. Next she pushes other push rod into the cutter tube and push the bare cob out and into the trash can. Very impressive.
    She got it at Farm-Fleet. Maybe google it. Thank me later.

is this it ?

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/weston-yellow-corn-cob-stripper/0000000305445?Ntt=corn+stripper&_requestid=3428603

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

YES. Not a bad price.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just used a knife for my kids before they liked the corn. Took 20 seconds.

Coletrain27

I just used a knife for my kids before they liked the corn. Took 20 seconds.

X2. Works fine for me and don’t need another thing filling up my drawer

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Forthose cutting the corn off the cob, stand the bottom of the cob in the hole in an anglefood cake pan and slice away. The cob stays put and the corn simply drops into the cake pan. Sure makes less of a mess and a dandy way to help keep finger tips.u

haleysgold
    SE MN

Forthose cutting the corn off the cob, stand the bottom of the cob in the hole in an anglefood cake pan and slice away. The cob stays put and the corn simply drops into the cake pan. Sure makes less of a mess and a dandy way to help keep finger tips.u

X2
    Works great. When we freeze corn, we do it like that for sure. 5 to 10 dozen ears at a crack makes it really simple.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.