Yetti joke

• tapout

Some one wanna tell me wheir yeti gets off thinking their tandem axle 22 footer is worth 39,000?

McCord Stowater

Their new Excursion model is $29,000 for an 8×16 single axle. That’s nearly $1,800 a foot. I’m assuming that that is the price for a luxurious RV model so take the same $1,800/ft and your looking right around $39,000 for a 22 footer. Also, I’ve heard that all their tandem axle units will have hydraulics as well so that will definitely add costs.

Where did you see this? I’ve only heard rumors that they were going to start making larger tandem axle units, I’d love to see some pictures.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Some one wanna tell me wheir yeti gets off thinking their tandem axle 22 footer is worth 39,000?

Its worth whatever people are willing to pay…same concept as $80k fishing boats. To each their own.

troutbum
    St. Paul

…Or $400 coolers

tapout

At the St Paul ice show. I get its worth what ever someone will pay. But I bought my custom build ice castle 22 with v with all bells and whistles fish aquarium rubbler floor toy hauler rv addition at show last year for 23000. And I know some guys are going to say u are paying for fit and finish and so on and so on but it still doesn’t add up even close I could gut and re do mine twice with any fit and finish I want for less then u would have in to that yetti.o yea and that didn’t even have a shower and had one of those recycling toilet things in it. Not to mention its the same size as mine and probably only about six hundred pounds lighter

castle-rock-clown

Well, if a small family can live in it all winter long on weekends and not have to pay lake property taxes…or any property taxes. And have fishing oppertunity morning noon and night right below you or out your front door, well for some it may be a real bargain. I also use mine as a spring, summer, and fall camper. Mine was around 13 k for a smaller 6.5 x 14 and all it lacks is inside plumbing and AC. But for me there are ways around that. Different people view fishing, especially ice fishing differently. The ability to spend weekends with family and ice fish or camp at the same time without the ones your with complaining about the adverse elements is priceless. Or you can just haul out your rod and bucket and jump others abandoned holes and take the leftover money and take the family to Paris and take in a music concert?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’ve had a couple ice castles and fit and finish isn’t the only problem, just over all build quality and products are poor. But they work if you keep up on maintenance. I just wish they would have a galvanized frame option.

What do you call a yeti with a six-pack?

An abdominal snowman.

castle-rock-clown

What do you say to a yetti with a six pack?

I’ll have a few of those.

big_g
    Isle, MN

can I have some….? toast

You do realize Yeti’s have an aluminum frame ??? One will thrive on Minnesota’s salty roads and the other… not so much. You decide which is which…

King Dinger
    Mn

Trev, did you buy that 80K walleye boat with 24K gold trim. Cmon its only money buddy!

tapout

That is an option for ice castle

tapout

I do realize they have an aluminum frame and so do alot of other wheel houses for alot less. I am in the welding business and although aluminum doesn’t rust it is a soft metal that does crack and break alot easier. In my opinion galvanized is the only way to go. I realize this is like a ford Chevy thing. I just think their crazy over the top on their price for what they offer that’s all.like a pair of jeans for 180 throw a little stitching on the back pocket and its worth four time as much.haha

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Trev, did you buy that 80K walleye boat with 24K gold trim. Cmon its only money buddy!

Nope…opted for a new truck instead.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I’ve had a couple ice castles and fit and finish isn’t the only problem, just over all build quality and products are poor. But they work if you keep up on maintenance. I just wish they would have a galvanized frame option.

. Dustin that is an option with ice castle milaca unclaimed freight has one on there lot….Kent

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Nice, might be time to upgrade. Getting very sick of everything rusting.

King Dinger
    Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tapout wrote:</div>

Its worth whatever people are willing to pay…same concept as $80k fishing boats. To each their own.

Trev when you buy that 80K boat I better be the first one in the boat fishing with you. What the hell its only money! LOL

tapout

Yep like yetti nice houses but price can’t be justified. My biggest thing with the logde isn’t just the outrageous price but its not convenient with nowhere to sit but a bag chair when u fish

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll tell you what – I’ve walked thru quite a few wheelhouses and the finish product stinks. I can’t believe they show theses at the Shows and are very proud of them.
    I know they are a production item, but after seeing the total lack of a quality finish I’m thinking of buying a few Firebrand shells and pimping them out.

Does anybody think there is a market for a wheelhouse with high end finishes? or does the average person not see or care about the terrible craftsmanship in these units?

I’m a GC by trade and would make the builders of these production houses go back to school to learn how to use a tape measure and mitre box.

TripleA
    Blaine

I’ll tell you what – I’ve walked thru quite a few wheelhouses and the finish product stinks. I can’t believe they show theses at the Shows and are very proud of them.
    I know they are a production item, but after seeing the total lack of a quality finish I’m thinking of buying a few Firebrand shells and pimping them out.

Does anybody think there is a market for a wheelhouse with high end finishes? or does the average person not see or care about the terrible craftsmanship in these units?

I’m a GC by trade and would make the builders of these production houses go back to school to learn how to use a tape measure and mitre box.

I tend to agree with you, when I look at any of “X” brand houses I just can’t see where the price comes from other than Demand for the most part. If you build one and do it yourself let me know, I would love to see Pictures.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I have some very talented tradesman that work for me and when I brought the idea up to them they had smiles from ear to ear.
    I think towards the end of winter I will let the have at it.

tapout

I’d love to check one out for sure. But to sell them u have to be able to compete in price. Bottom line it comes down to the great mighty dollar their is a reason why ice castle is the number one seller in the market. Cause for what they offer the price is their. Compared to the other brands. If yetti,lodge and some others could offer what castle does for a fair price they could probably bump castle out. And they all need to come up with some better layouts to. Just my opinion. I hope if u do one u can copy one of castles layouts.

castle-rock-clown

When you build finish yours keep in mind your in a metal box that goes through wild temperature swings and builds water vapor at an amazing rate. A little air movement while on the surface looks like lack of quality actually helps mitigate condensation. Good fortune in your project.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

…Or $400 coolers

Yeah, what’s up with that? There comes a point in any situation where you have to just admit it. You’re paying for status. I can’t afford status, even if I was interested in it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be building for status in hopes of convincing the wives!
    Ah, that’s from past experience.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.