Can anyone help me?

• ron_weltzin
    Rochester, MN

I am from Rochester and usually spend my time in that forum. However, my daughter and future son-in-law live in Chaska. Daughter is getting married in October and between now and then we drive up a few times, so the girls can go shopping for wedding stuff. Well, I was thinking instead of just sitting at her house waiting for them to come back, I could maybe do some shorefishing for panfish.
    This is where I need some help.
    Are there any shorefishing opportunities for gills and crappies in the area? Last time I went up, drove around Minnetonka. Very developed and not many places to park and fish. By looking at a map, I can see several lakes in the area, but not sure about public access and shorefishing.
    Any little bit of information would certainly be appreciated.
    Plan of coming up this weekend.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

Hey RHW. Take a drive out to Waconia. There are plenty of Shore fishing places. Also if you aren’t finding anything on Lake Waconia, Try Parley. It would be best for you to get directions from one of the local places there. Otherwise, pm me and I can try to get you there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t been to Courthouse Lake in years…wrong side of the Metro for me. We had good trout fishing there. That’s right in Chaska…by the courthouse…

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The channels on Tonka are the main places to fish from shore. I’ve seen people catch panfish, bass, pike and even walleyes in the fall from most all of them. They all have good depth. Certain times of the year I even start my bass tournaments in them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.