Considering Lake Johanna tonight………Help?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m in the mood for some good pike/muskie action without hitting the “big” waters. Johanna gets some good pike in ‘er….. any thoughts or suggestions?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Try fishing the rock/weed hump on the west side of the lake. I have seen a couple nice size fish pulled from here. I would also try along the east and west side of the Northwestern college there. I guess one more spot that I can tink of is on the southwest side of the lake fish in front of the creek that run into the lake.

Let me know how you do as this lake is in my back yard too and I would be up to hit some of these fish too.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Things didn’t go well. Bucking the wind and tons of chopped up floating weeds…….. I was always having to mess with something. I didn’t see anyone catch anything from another boat or shoreline so I cut out early. I’d be tempted to try it again sometime but the recreational traffic is chopping weeds like an alfalfa crop! Let me know what works for you next time you’re out!

mkanderle

Stilla,

I hadn’t been to Johanna for about 3 years, but I stopped by Nwestern college last Thursday night and fished from the beach area of their island. I caught one small eye, some crappies and had a very large bass on but she spit the hook on a breath-taking jump
    There was one other boater nearby who was ready to throw his gear over-board because of the bullheads he kept reeling in
    Pretty slow night, but it was fun to fish so close to home again…that can be a real fun lake for bass when the water heats up!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Thanks for the info!

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Kid, I thought you practiced C&R on big pike over on the St Croix… What gives, are you quitting the river?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What in the Sam Hill are you talkin’ ’bout Steve? Me? Quit the river? Well…… shut my mouth! I didn’t think trying somewhere closer to work (to extend TOW) would ever imply such a disgraceful thing! I’ll be…….. Now you run along now and don’t worry none. I’ll be on that river. Just keep your eyes peeled and don’t go a worryin’ that perty little head of yours!………. It’ll strain the colonaries and give ya a gas your boat won’t burn!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.