Crappies…

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

We’ll I’ve been out a couple times on a couple different lakes, and man o man are the crappies hungry, I’m averaging 50 fish or so a day out on the water, with lots and lots of fish in the 9-11 inch range, and I’ve only been keeping a few here and there for a meal, so 95% of them are still out there. It’s a great time to take the kids out and find some constant action, caught a few sunfish in the past couple days, looking pretty ripe too, so we’ve been making sure to throw back the big girls, so they can continue thier line, but they getting near spawn. Of course we have seen a few bonus walleyes throwing little jigs and tubes in the shallower water. Sure that weather has been bad lately, but to of you itching to get out, now is the time. I caught crappies in 2 FOW, to 22 FOW, certain depths being a lot more productive, but they are pretty clear once you’re in them.

I’ve heard little tube jigs are really hot , and quite possibably out fishing, ALL live bait, from what I could tell.

Be sure and practice some catch and release out there, and have a great time out there.

-Nick

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Had another excelent day out on the water, it was short, but very productive, crappies are in “deeper” water now anywhere from 16 fow to 30 suspended in the 6-12 range on the body of water I was on. Again red and white tubes was the hot ticket, but white gulp 3″ minnow grubs produced fewer but larger fish. Great fishing out there.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.