Wright County Gill Action!!

• slab_slayer

Been Chasing panfish with the ice gear the past few days and have had some good results. All the Bluegills you can catch and then some and they would literally light my flasher up like a Christmas tree!! It’s fun to see in August!! You really have to upsize your baits to keep the little guys off and just by using a little Bulkier plastics did the trick. I have been releasing all my fish except for yesterday I kept a few 8″ gills..

I have been getting a few crappies mixed in here and there but haven’t really patterned them but the gills have kept me occupied. My Powernoodle has been getting a nice workout lately paired with a 4mm Tungsten jig and a micro nuggie in various colors. On my Fenwick I have been using MB Troo Moos, 1/32oz Crappie tom jig and a 1″ Power Nymph, Impulse Waterbugs, and Mister Twister Micro shads. They all have been producing fish but the Nymph, Waterbug, and the Troo Moo yielded most of the bigger fish. Key depths have been 8-14′..

Here are a few pictures…

Powernoodle in action!

School of Bluegill

And a few more…

This pike tried to get an easy meal ended up spitting it out at the surface

This guy hammered my Radical Glow Tube!

I would like to find some more of these guys!

riverfisher
    Cedar Falls, IA

Cool pictures, looks like a lot of fun!!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice job Slab Slayer. And the pictures really show the beautiful colors of them gills.

stuart
    Mn.

Sounds like a blast.

taz
    Frederic wi

Nice pics. Looks like your getting into some nice gills

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great report and photos. Cool picture of that pike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.