Lunch Time 3 hour trip…Metro.

• chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Charlie and I set out today around lunch time for a seek and destroy trip…Didn’t really have a plan to where to go, or what to do. Or what we were gonna even fish for. So we grabbed a few spinning rods, a variety of cranks and jigs, swimbaits and what not. We also grabbed a bow to try and arrow a few carp!

First spot we went to, the carp were rolling in the shallows thick. So I put the waders and grabbed the bow, and start chucking arrows and sticking carp! We got around 25 of them in pretty short order.

Charlie grabbed the spinning rod and his first cast of the day, he’s hooked up with a big fish. He’s hollering for me to get over there, I was too busy putting a stalk on a carp and figured he had a carp on . Then I look over and see the big white tip on the tail! Landed, snapped some pics and threw her back.

Very next cast he’s hooked up again…

So I stop the whole shooting carp deal and grab my rod. For the next three hours we got walleyes and crappies and carp. High skies, shallow water and the fish were snapping!

I knew this spot produces fish, always have. There are some definite spots you have to key in on but its always worth a stop. We were fishing a very heavy current area. Upstream we got walleyes, slide on the backside of the eddies and the crappies were thick! Every cast we were getting them!

We were pitching the Ripple shads and the flatback shads on the new Lindy Jigs! Sticky sticky sharp!

In the three hours we fished, we ended up with two limits of eyes, two limits of crappies and numerous other crappies and eyes, as well as around 25 carp!

Thanks again for a great seek and destroy trip Charles!

Charlie With A Nice One

And Another

Just A Sick Looking Fish.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Sounds like a blast Chris!!

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

was a riot out there today…….nothing like high water, spring fish……

Charles Schimdtbauer

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Chris,
    Terrific 3 hour lunch break.

Where do I sign up for a job ?

Jack

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Catching eyes and crappies and still wearing a release………..Dude, that’s an outing!

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Quote:

Catching eyes and crappies and still wearing a release………..Dude, that’s an outing!

Was stil shooting carp!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Chris, its just crazy with the fish you guys find in the north metro. Very nice fish.

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Quote:

Chris, its just crazy with the fish you guys find in the north metro. Very nice fish.

Thanks, we get lucky once and a while. Key is finding the places and keeping your mouth shut about it! I will say they ain’t all bad for Anoka County Fish!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.