Lost and Found

• hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey everyone….If you happen to launch at the Rod and Gun and stumble upon a gray cell phone, I would appreciate a quick message. I know it’s a long shot, but hey lot of fishermen on here. Did happen to jig in some decent sloters before the brain fart, so that helped ease the pain.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I will pass the word to the guys at the rod and gun in the morning.

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

Appreciated Absolute, but I have the feeling it is swimming with the fishes.

whittsend

If I find it, I give you a call. Whats you cell number?

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Did you check your tackle boxes/bags, coat or bib pockets, in compartments, under consoles, and everywhere in the truck?

Hope you find it…

Mike

whittsend

We DID find your cell phone yesterday!!! Grey Motorolla razor-type phone.

It was under about a foot of water at the lanch, next to the left dock (left as viewed from the parking lot).

Sorry, I don’t think it worked. The LCD screen was totally smashed, the casing bent a little, and fully submerged.

Jason had it in his boat last I saw, if you needed it back for any reason… Total loss, though, I’m afraid.

Mike

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

That was it, and that was where I lost it. Thanks for the update. Do you think they could still pull numbers from the phone? I have no idea what the working condition of the the phone needs to be in order to pull the numbers from it. Did you use it as a slip sinker yet, or can I grab it from you sometime? Maybe I’ll take the phone to the taxidermist and see what he needs to put it on a plaque. I don’t know whether to go with the open phone or closed phone mount.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

You might actually be able to get the numbers off the phone but it depends how those numbers were stored. If they were stored on the phone itself… I think you’re out of luck. However if your phone stores numbers to a removable data chip there’s hope. Those chips are sealed up fairly well. I had a phone that I tried to teach to swim that was totally junked from the dunking but the removable micro sd chip that was storing my data was in working condition. I was able to put that chip into another phone and I was up and running. No guarantee by any means but at least there’s a glimmer of hope yet.

whittsend

It was in Jason’s boat last I saw… Try giving him a PM… He might be out of town for the week, though, not sure.

Mike

jhalfen

I chucked it in the trash this weekend. Thought there was no hope for it. Sorry!!

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

No problem Jason! Thanks guys for letting me know. Good fishing!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.