Pete Muskie Report

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Well I spent two half (1/2) days this week,( 1 AM , 1 PM) on Pete out with Musky customer… we purposely fished no community areas the first PM and concentrated on carp playgrounds .. Guide customer was new to muskie and used mostly flys… actually heavyweight flyrod and musky flys… I was tossing a horny toad without a hook-up to locate them for him. Between us in all we had 9 follows and 2 fish that after a few more times at it he will land… made the classic mistake on one… looked a way for second,(tending his flyline), on a hot fish and I had to yell set the hook only to have him not understand … his 6 inch fly actually disappeared in the muskies mouth and then as he finally looked up and set the hook the muskie had already ejected the fly and was already gone. Second one the muskie was closing on the lure at mach one about a second from impact when for some unknown reason he ripped the lure out of the water still a long way from the boat and all the muskie could do was slide to a stop and then my guess is die laughing???
    Second half day ,(an AM), saw us on community spots and not a single follow or strike.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.