Lake Wisconsin

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just wanted to drop a heads up to everybody out there that the lake is open except for some ice on a few bays that I saw. This was on Sunday, and I am sure it is all gone now I will be heading back up this weekend and hope to catch a few bass in the shallows. Good luck to everyone that gets out and please let up know how you are doing. I am sure the walleyes off of Tippery Point are going good right now and will hopefully try there as well.

Bassman

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I’m heading out tomorrow. Going to start around tipperary and fish some in the river and maybe try doing some trolling around tipperary. Just switched to a new GPS and need to do some testing. Heading up to Red Wing on Thursday. I’ll post results if there are any. May just spend my time screwing around with my GPS and never get to fishing.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Good Luck! Looking forward to hearing how you do.

Bassamn

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Pretty tough day on Wednesday. The sunny and upper 50s predicted never showed up. Strong upriver wind and pretty darn cold. Only managed two sauger, 18.5 and 21.0, both full of spawn. Released both fish. The 21 was the fattest sauger I’ve ever caught. Both fish on a bright green blade bait, one in 18 FOW, the other in 20 FOW. Both fish from up in the river. Water temps ranged from around 41.5 to 43. Tried pitching plastics for a while and vertical jigging plastics, but the blade was the only thing I got bit on. Missed two fish also. Good luck searching for bass.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks for the update, I hope the weather holds for the weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.