wireless printer not printing

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

I have an Hp Envy 5530 all in one printer set up through my laptop and a wireless router. I loaded the software with the disks that came with it and have run the test pages as recommended everything works fine, the print is good, the color is good. I attempted to print a couple pages of text from an email and then again from another site, I click the printer location, the number of pages and enter. I see the printer loading the pages, the function lights confirming the pages to print and that’s where my issue begins. the pages all come out blank, nothing on them at all. I went to the Hp support site and downloaded their printer diagnosis and ran it, all systems go, no problems, but when I try to print again I still get blank pages. Any suggestions as to what I’m forgetting to do or what I am missing to make the pages print from the net and email? Should I uninstall and reinstall, or have I neglected to connect the printer to something with my router? I’d go get the kid from next door but it’s cold outside and he probably has school today. thanks in advance

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Are you printing via Chrome? Try using Firefox – had a similar issue printing a map yesterday in Chrome. Do you have any other documents on your computer that are not viewed through your browser? Try printing one of those to see if they work directly.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

It does sound like a driver issue. By the time your drivers ship with your printer, they are already most likely outdated. Download the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer. Further, don’t use the wireless just yet. Hook your PC directly to the printer with a cable and eliminate that from the variables. IF you can print well with the printer using the cables, BUT not wirelessly, then you have some idea as to where the problem is and you can trouble shoot that.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

It sounds like a web browser issue. Can you print from notepad or another word processing program? What browser are you using?

drifter295
    Hastings MN

thank you everyone for the advice, firefox is my browser, I tried using a usb cable instead of wireless, downloaded new drivers and that didn’t work either. I spent over an hour on the phone with a gentleman from Hp, he took control of my setup, ran several tests, none of which worked and then told me….It’s not working, your printer is bad, send it to us and have it replaced. Today I’ll be going to office depot for an exchange.
    I appreciate the help guys

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

I just went through this same issue with an HP printer. Kept the ink cartridges for use in the new one. Same issue with the new printer, more research and found out that the vents were blocked for the ink cartridges because the tape peeled off and left the adhesive over the vents. It would print the test pages and simple prints but would give blank pages any other time I tried to print. At least I got a new printer under warranty out of it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.