Winnipeg lake map chip

• tim fischer

I will be heading up to the big windy at the end of the month. I have been up there a couple of times but am considering getting a lake map chip. For those that have is it benifical? Which chip?

Cameron white

Right now, the only map chip for the south basin is the AEM chip, which is for lowrance units only. That chip includes the south basin, and the red river up to Lockport. For hummingbird, the river is mapped, but not the lake. Yes it’s worth it. The amount of structure and bottom changes is pretty amazing.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Is Winnipeg really that void of structure or is the Navionics map just cr@p for that lake?

Attachments:
    1. winnipeg_navionics.png

tim fischer

I know it is feature less but was wondering if the maps might help

Blake Jablonski
    Southern Minnesota

Navionics (the chip) has the south basin… however it’s lacking in detail. It will get you to the general depth ranges though.

Cameron white

I know it is feature less but was wondering if the maps might help

Featureless??? Not by a long shot. Navionics is complete garbage. The data is from the 60’s. The AEM crew spent a long time physically mapping the basin, and it’s eye opening.

It won’t let me post a link to the video showing the detail, check it out on fb.

The chip is available from reeds and scheels.

MNBOWHUNTIN

Does the chip only work in sonar units? Or will it work in handheld GPS too?

MNBOWHUNTIN

Dang, NVM, just remember mine is a Garmin Oregon unit, not Lowrance.

reddog

Lakemaster has a south basin map that is supposed to be available after Christmas.

Cameron white

Lakemaster has a south basin map that is supposed to be available after Christmas.

The lake master map is the hummingbird one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.