Why blacked out?

• usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

Just saw a post on clams site that in 15 they are bringing back the black interior for their insulated pop ups. I am curious as to what benefit comes with that? To me the “white” interior is much brighter and is one of the main reasons for me to look at new models.

Thoughts?

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

I think it may have something to to with a darker interior reflects less light down the hole. Less light down the hole may spook fish less. Just guessing. I was also thinking about a black interior may help with heat absorption but being on the interior, not sure if that is true.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Black helps with heat absorption from sunlight. Probably won’t make much of a heat difference.

Black vs white has a trade off in my thoughts. Pro vs con not winner vs loser

Black – during the day, close the windows and you can sight fish
    White – at night it does a much, much nicer job of reflecting light so you can see above the ice.

curleytail

Black would be good for the sight fishermen. I almost never do that, so I like the light interior of my Otter. When I had a Clam that was blue on the interior it was a little darker, but open windows during the day, and LED lights at night kept things plenty bright.

Tucker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.