Where ya going, and not going

• Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I’m going to give the panfish a break and focusing on tullibee for the remainder of my ice season, time to fire up the smoker 👍

. I couldn’t wait had to go find a spot for Thursday’s planed outing. Third spot was the charm. Ten minutes ten fish, yep that’ll do yay

Attachments:
    1. 0898358B-17BC-4545-8C04-9A84E6A01939.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I know where i’m not going…..A Twins game. frown I know where I am going but i’m not sayin’,

Sorry to stray off of the fishing topic. I’m not good with rules. coffee

Mos’

I think I’ll risk a runny nose for a couple days to continue fishing..

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I’m going to grab a rod and a few jigs and paddle tails and find a secluded spot on the river somewhere on the MN/WI border and try to entice a few walleyes into biting.
    Gotta find some way to pass the time.
    I think our annual trip to Ontario in June is in serious jeopardy.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Daughter’s wedding next month is cancelled and undecided about our trip to New Orleans in May.

Deleted

My naps are on hold til wife goes back to work.

Fishing boat comes out of storage next week. I’ll need a break from the house by then.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I hope to be able to go to Kab for the opener. If not you will know the day I find out I cannot as there will be enough seismic activity courtesy of my reaction to register as a small earthquake in the galesville area.

Until my wife, the major earner for our family, is able to work again there won’t be much of anything going on that wasn’t already paid for.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

The WI DNR says it’s OK to fish but they want everyone to stay on local waters close to home. They don’t want people traveling long distance let alone just to fish. Considering the virus needs people to spread itself I don’t think the DNR wanting us to fish local is unreasonable at all. I had a trophy walleye trip planned to the GB area in a couple weeks. I put that trip on hold until next spring. I am disappointed for sure but it is absolutely the right call to stay local until this virus crap blows over.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I hope to be able to go to Kab for the opener. If not you will know the day I find out I cannot as there will be enough seismic activity courtesy of my reaction to register as a small earthquake in the galesville area.

As far as I know, @Grubson & I will be going to Namakan opener weekend. Crappies, Pike, & Walleyes!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

In regards to Toms comments c’mon man. I am watching right now and he has Dr Fauci on and has had Dr Birx on several times every single day. He has a balancing act on his hands, you cannot shut down the entire economy indefinitely or you will have bigger problems on your hands.

Had he listened to and acted on the information he received in January, perhaps this country wouldn’t be in such a mess as it is right now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Daughter’s wedding next month is cancelled and undecided about our trip to New Orleans in May.

Louisiana, and New Orleans in particular, isn’t looking good. Thousands of people in close proximity in late February for Mardi Gras was likely a “super spreading” event. Could easily be the next New York.

Sylvanboat

I’m in Illinois and all our state parks closed, including for fishing. I worked on the boat and my fishing gear today, and became very depressed.

bassh8er

@munchy, I’ll be honest I am on the fence about going to Green Bay. Right now, I plan on going. I may change my mind. I am a healthcare professional in a hospital also. I, for the most part have been on your side in this battle (see some of the other posts on this topic). But the longer this goes and the more I’ve seen from this, the more I realize it is getting further and further out of my control. Green Bay actually has less chance of me getting it/bringing it back here than my chances of getting it here in the cities. I’m going with one other guy. We will be driving straight through to and from, using plenty of hand sanitizer and have even called the WI DNR and the Brown Co Sherriff to see what they recommend. They both said as long as proper social distancing, hand washing, they find it acceptable. That was after the news from this afternoon.

It’s going to be a tough decision either way honestly. I don’t take it lightly. But if I feel that it is safe enough for me to go, I’m going to go. I could get infected/infect others just as easy from filling up at a gas pump on my way to work 4 days a week or going through the drive through here in the cities.

As of right now, that is where I stand. Go ahead and rip me if you want, I’m over it.

Can you explain how you’re going to practice proper social distancing while driving in a vehicle together?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    @munchy, I’ll be honest I am on the fence about going to Green Bay. Right now, I plan on going. I may change my mind. I am a healthcare professional in a hospital also. I, for the most part have been on your side in this battle (see some of the other posts on this topic). But the longer this goes and the more I’ve seen from this, the more I realize it is getting further and further out of my control. Green Bay actually has less chance of me getting it/bringing it back here than my chances of getting it here in the cities. I’m going with one other guy. We will be driving straight through to and from, using plenty of hand sanitizer and have even called the WI DNR and the Brown Co Sherriff to see what they recommend. They both said as long as proper social distancing, hand washing, they find it acceptable. That was after the news from this afternoon.

It’s going to be a tough decision either way honestly. I don’t take it lightly. But if I feel that it is safe enough for me to go, I’m going to go. I could get infected/infect others just as easy from filling up at a gas pump on my way to work 4 days a week or going through the drive through here in the cities.

As of right now, that is where I stand. Go ahead and rip me if you want, I’m over it.

Can you explain how you’re going to practice proper social distancing while driving in a vehicle together?

Front seat back seat…… How do you do it when you’re in the car with your family?toast

Deleted

Had he listened to and acted on the information he received in January, perhaps this country wouldn’t be in such a mess as it is right now.
    [/quote]

Like stopping flights to/from China back in January ? Like Trump did!!!! Get a grip!

bassh8er

Front seat back seat…… How do you do it when you’re in the car with your family?toast
    [/quote]

I live in my house with my family; do you live with this “one other guy” that is going with you.

Not starting anything, I just think it’s funny when people say they are taking all the precautions and then get in the same vehicle together. I’m taking the boat out Sunday but it will be with my wife and 2 boys.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

We work the exact same shift (same hospital and unit) and when we aren’t working we are fishing together or at home with our families, so kind of. It’s good enough for both of us and good enough for the law whom I spoke with both in MN and WI. You aren’t starting anything. Just a peaceful conversation.

I get the concern, I even get the criticism. This virus isn’t just floating around in the air waiting to pounce on anyone who sets foot out of their house. You have to be exposed to someone who has the virus. Neither of us has the virus, no one in our house holds have the virus. I have a better chance at getting infected at the grocery store.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I don’t know that you have thought this decision through very well mahtofire. It seems to me your begging to get your tires slashed. When people’s families are threatened they might do some pretty crazy things to register disapproval. We are not welcome in WI right now and WI residents are not welcome in MN for recreational reasons. That is the way it is and is going to be for some time. Your going is a terribly selfish choice. I hope someone talked some sense into you and you decided not to go.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Read down applause and you will find what activities are in the list

Emergency Executive Order 20-20Directing Minnesotans to Stay at Home
    I, Tim Walz, Governor of the State of Minnesota,
    by the authority vested in me by theConstitution and applicable statutes, issue the following Executive Order:The COVID-19 pandemic presents an unprecedented challenge to our State. On March 11, 2020,the World Health Organization (“WHO”) characterized the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic.Despite efforts to contain COVID-19, the WHO and the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”)indicate that it is expected to spread. Confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Minnesota are rapidlyincreasing. On March 15, 2020, Minnesota detected the first confirmed cases caused by“community spread”—infections not epidemiologically linked to overseas travel. By March 17,2020, all fifty states had reported a confirmed case of COVID-19. By March 20, 2020, the CDChad confirmed more than 15,000 COVID-19 cases in the United States. And on March 21, 2020,the Minnesota Department of Health (“MDH”) announced the first confirmed fatality due toCOVID-19 in Minnesota.Community spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota and nationwide is increasing. As of March 24,2020, Minnesota had 287 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 35 hospitalizations. It is furtherexpected that increased testing capacity would demonstrate that COVID-19 is circulating incommunities across Minnesota that currently have not identified a confirmed case.Minnesota has already taken proactive steps to ensure that we are ahead of the curve on COVID-19 prevention and response. On March 13, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-01 and declared a peacetime emergency because this pandemic, an act of nature, threatens the lives ofMinnesotans, and local resources are inadequate to address the threat. On March 15, 2020, Iissued Executive Order 20-02 ordering the temporary closure of public schools. On March 16,2020, I issued Executive Order 20-04 ordering the closure of bars, restaurants, and other placesof public accommodation.Recent developments, including the presence of community spread in Minnesota, the rapidincrease in COVID-19 cases both globally and in Minnesota, and the first COVID-19 relateddeath in our state, require Minnesota to take additional proactive measures to slow the spread ofthis pandemic. Slowing the community spread of COVID-19 is critical to ensuring that our

2healthcare facilities remain able to accommodate those who require intensive medicalintervention.This Executive Order is consistent with a growing nationwide effort to contain the spread ofCOVID-19. On March 16, 2020, President Donald Trump issued guidelines to limit gatherings ofmore than 10 people. As of March 24, 2020, twenty-four states representing almost 200 millionAmericans have issued orders or public health directives closing non-essential businesses orlimiting residents from participating in non-essential activities. Limiting activities to only thosewhich are most essential and practicing social distancing at all times are vital tools required tomitigate the community spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota and nationwide.On March 23, 2020, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued Guidance on theEssential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Ensuring Community and National Resilience inCOVID-19 Response (“CISA Guidance”—attached to, and incorporated into, this ExecutiveOrder). The CISA Guidance identifies workers who conduct a range of operations and servicesthat are essential to continued critical infrastructure viability. This federal guidance provides a baseline for Minnesota’s efforts to ensure critical infrastructure and services are maintainedwhile slowing the spread of COVID-19.In Minnesota Statutes 2019, section 12.02, the Minnesota Legislature conferred upon theGovernor emergency powers “in order to (1) ensure that preparations of this state will beadequate to deal with disasters, (2) generally protect the public peace, health, and safety, and (3) preserve the lives and property of the people of the state.” Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 2019,section 12.21, subdivision 1, the Governor has general authority to control the state’s emergencymanagement as well as carry out the provisions of Minnesota’s Emergency Management Act.Minnesota Statutes 2019, section 12.21, subdivision 3(7), authorizes the Governor to cooperatewith federal and state agencies in “matters pertaining to the emergency management of the stateand nation . . . .” including “the direction or control of . . . the conduct of persons in the state,including entrance or exit from any stricken or threatened public place, occupancy of facilities,and . . . public meetings or gatherings . . . .” Pursuant to subdivision 3 of that same section, theGovernor may “make, amend, and rescind the necessary orders and rules to carry out the provisions” of Minnesota Statutes 2019, Chapter 12. When approved by the Executive Counciland filed in the Office of the Secretary of State, such orders and rules have the force and effect oflaw during the peacetime emergency. Any inconsistent rules or ordinances of any agency or political subdivision of the state are suspended during the pendency of the emergency. Any person who willfully violates such an order or rule is guilty of a misdemeanor and uponconviction must be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or by imprisonment for not morethan 90 days.For these reasons, I order as follows:1.

Beginning on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 11:59 pm through Friday, April 10, 2020 at5:00 pm, all persons currently living within the State of Minnesota are ordered to stayat home or in their place of residence except to engage in the Activities and CriticalSector work set forth below in Paragraphs 5 and 6.

For purposes of this Executive Order, homes or residences include hotels, motels,shared rental units, shelters, and similar facilities, to the extent they are used forlodging.3.

This Executive Order does not restrict virtual work or telework (
    i.e.
    work fromhome), and Minnesotans working in any field are encouraged to work from theirhome or residence as much as possible.4.

Definitions

As used in this Executive Order, “workers” and “personnel” are broadlydefined to include employees, contractors, vendors, and volunteers. As used in thisExecutive Order, “Critical Sectors” is defined to include the categories found in theCISA Guidance and the additional categories listed below.5.

Exemptions – Activities
    . Minnesotans may leave their homes or residences toengage in the following activities, provided that all persons follow the guidelines setforth and maintained by the Minnesota Department of Health (“MDH Guidelines”),including but not limited to social distancing, to the maximum extent possible. Thislist of Activities may be clarified, as deemed necessary by the Governor, to ensure thehealth, safety, and security of all Minnesotans. Clarifications will be available for public review at: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/ a.

Relocation to ensure safety
    . Individuals whose homes or residences areunsafe or become unsafe, including individuals who have suffered or are atrisk of domestic violence or for whom the safety, sanitation or essentialoperations of the home or residence cannot be maintained, are allowed andurged to leave their home or residence and relocate to a safe alternative homeor residence. b.

Health and safety activities.
    Individuals may seek emergency services,obtain medical services, supplies, and medications, and visit a health care ordental professional or facility, or a veterinarian. Individuals may also donate blood.c.
    applause
    Outdoor activities.
    Individuals may engage in outdoor activities (
    e.g.,
    walking, hiking, running, biking, driving for pleasure, hunting, or fishing),and may go to available public parks and other public recreation lands,consistent with remaining at least six feet apart from individuals from otherhouseholds. This does not exempt public accommodations that may featureoutdoor activities from closure under Executive Order 20-04 and does not permit trespass upon private property.d.

Necessary supplies and services.
    Individuals may obtain food, includingdelivery or carry-out services, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), andother grocery items, gasoline, supplies needed to work from home, and products needed to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation ofhomes and residences, businesses, and personally owned vehicles, including

4automobiles and bicycles. Individuals may also visit and use the services oflaundromats and dry cleaners.e.

Essential intrastate and interstate travel
    . Individuals may travel toexempted activities and may travel to return to a home or place of residence.Individuals may also travel into and out of Minnesota.f.

Care of others
    . Individuals may care for a family member, friend, or pet inanother household, and may transport family members, friends, or pets asallowed by this Executive Order, including the transport of children pursuantto existing parenting time schedules or other visitation schedules pertaining toa child in need of protective services (“CHIPS”) proceeding.g.

Displacement
    . Individuals without a home are exempt from the restrictions inthis Executive Order, and they may move between emergency shelters, drop-in centers, and encampments. Encampments should not be subject to sweepsor disbandment by state or local governments, as such sweeps or disbandmentincrease the potential risk and spread of COVID-19.h.

Tribal Activities & Lands
    .i.

Activities by tribal members within the boundaries of their tribalreservations are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order but may be subject to restrictions by tribal authorities.ii.

Activities within the boundaries of federal land held in trust for one ofthe 11 Minnesota Tribal Nations are exempt from the restrictions inthis Executive Order but may be subject to restrictions by tribalauthorities.iii.

Activities by tribal members to exercise their federal treaty rightswithin the boundaries of their treaty territory (also known as “cededterritory”) are exempt from the restrictions in this Executive Order butmay be subject to restrictions by applicable tribal authorities.iv.

Tribal members may travel to and from their tribal reservations inaccordance with applicable tribal law.6.

Exemptions – Critical Sectors
    All workers who can work from home must do so

Workers in the following Critical Sectors, who are performing work that cannot bedone at their home or residence through telework or virtual work and can be doneonly at a place of work outside of their home or residence, are exempted from the prohibition in paragraph 1 as set forth below.
    These critical services exemptionsapply only to travel to and from an individual’s home or residence and place ofwork and an individual’s performance of work duties that cannot be done attheir homes or residence. Travel may include transportation to and from childcare or school settings as necessary to ensure the safe care of children
    . This list ofCritical Sectors may be clarified, as deemed necessary by the Governor, to ensure the

5health, safety, and security of all Minnesotans. Clarifications will be available for public review at: http://mn.gov/deed/critical/ a.

Healthcare and public health
    . This category is limited to:i.

Healthcare and public health workers listed in the CISA Guidance.ii.

Providers of, and workers supporting, reproductive health care,childbirth services, mental health care, and substance use treatment.iii.

Workers supporting manufacturers, technicians, logistics andwarehouse operators, and distributors of personal care, hygiene, andhealthcare products.iv.

Workers providing home care and human services workers fromgovernment or non-profit providers who are delivering food, prescriptions, case management services, mental health and substanceabuse therapy, or who are otherwise caring for a client.v.

Workers providing or supporting home-based care for adults, seniors,and children, including but not limited to people who are blind, deaf,deafblind, or hard of hearing and people with disabilities, including physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, intellectualdisabilities, substance use disorders, or mental illness. This includesworkers who must travel to a person’s home to provide care or otherin-home services including meal delivery and one-on-one interpretingservices for people who are blind, deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing.This includes personal care attendants, paid employees of governmentand non-profit providers, or volunteers representing government andnon-profit providers.As applicable, such healthcare and public health workers are subject tothe restrictions on elective surgeries and procedures as set forth inExecutive Orders 20-09 and 20-17. b.

Law enforcement, public safety, and first responders
    . This category islimited to law enforcement and public safety workers and first responderslisted in the CISA Guidance, including all corrections personnel, state andcounty probation officers, and supervision agents, in addition to victims’advocates, animal control officers, humane officers, and all workers whosupport electronic security and life-safety services.c.

Food and agriculture
    . This category is limited to food and agricultureworkers listed in the CISA Guidance, including agricultural equipment repairservices. For clarity, and for the purposes of this Executive Order, referencesto “beverages” include alcoholic beverages. The restrictions on restaurants, bars, and other places of public accommodation adopted in Executive Orders20-04 and 20-18 remain in effect.

1 of 21
    View On Scribd

blackbay
    mn

I think it would have been easier for them to list the things you can’t do. “Driving for pleasure” is on the list. Is it only driving for pleasure if it’s a classic 66 Mustang? How about a rusty 1999 Pontiac Grand Am running on 5 cylinders with an exhaust leak?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So let me get this correct. You can go fishing by yourself or with someone from the same household ONLY. Going with a friend is not permitted. If you live alone, you must fish alone. Is this accurate?

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

That’s how I ready it I will drive separately and fish and if someone I know is out on the same lake I’ll keep my social distance it’s not like I’m going to fish close to someone any way usually that fare or further any way

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

It will be interesting to see in a week if the enforcing of the order is ramped up if the virus numbers continue to climb.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The SIP will be extended to May 1 and they will close the loopholes and requirements for essential business. This is just beginning not ending.

Viewing 24 posts - 31 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.