Where to go fishing near Snohomish Washington?

• dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Going to a wedding this weekend in Washington State and will be staying near Snohomish. My wife is in the wedding so I am going to have some time to kill Friday and Saturday in the mornings. Anyone ever been in this area and have any suggestions for what to target and good shore fishing spots? Thinking about packing my small ultralight for smaller trout and do have a fly rod I could bring as well.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Never fished out there, I lived in Kent for a year. Beautiful area if your driving out on I 90 when you go through the valley it is just amazing. Plenty to explore if you decide to go that route. The Snohomish river is very close to you and looks like some creeks running into it also. Just looked again and there is Blackmans Lake and it has an access on it no clue about fish.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

John,

Thanks for the insight. Should be very cool scenery wherever I end up.

Going to play it by ear. I was going to bring a rod, but the smallest I have is a 6ft ultralight that splits in two. Going to bring a reel and just buy a cheap rod when I am out there. Then try and carry it on on the way back or donate it to someone once I am done fishing. I will be staying right on Stevens Lake so might try that a bit and then there is a creek not too far called the Pilchuck River that I am going to try if I have time. The Snohomish river might be decent size and more fishing by boat, but we will see!

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Take rod with just break it down put a couple of rubber bands. Just got back from alaska and thats what we did. If you have some extra time hire a guide and fish the columbia river for walleyes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.