Wheelhouse Flooring Preference?

• gonehunting

I am looking at purchasing a wheelhouse. Please give me your opinion on carpet versus vinyl flooring. I know vinyl is easier to clean but is it much colder? I do not want the rubber flooring. Thanks for any advice.

Randall Schultz

I just bought a roll of vinyl coin to do mine….. and will use a 3 foot removable runner down the middle …. for the feet. toast

My buddy runs chains on his and hasn’t wrecked it yet but I will use some small doormats for the back wheels on mine..

I figure a couple norderns on carpet and that stink might never leave.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Why would you want carpet…..why? go with some of the vinyl plank flooring. its waterproof and looks awesome. i would think the #1 accessory in a wheelhouse would be slippers.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m a carpet guy.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m a carpet guy.

why????/ doah it appears to slow you down in the catch the wife fishhouse game!!!!!!! devil rotflol rotflol rotflol

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

But that one time in ‘81 I did catch er ……😏

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

But that one time in ‘81 I did catch er ……😏

And she still said “NO”!! doah

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

We have had vinyl in our last two wheel houses, carpet is no go with my wife. We take our boots/shoes off by the door and walk around either barefoot or with socks on. Can’t say a cold floor has been an issue for us. Also very easy to clean as you stated.

Kevin G
    East central MN

We have vinyl flooring and it’s spray foamed underneath after the house is warm no cold feet issues. Not sure I’d ever do carpet catch a fish and throw it on the bump board fish juice everywhere. We use sanitizer wipes during the weekend then sweep and mop when we get home no fish smell throw beach towel down to dry the floor after drilling it’s great.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Can always insulate the floor and wear slippers. Not so easy to get fish, beer, sloppy slushy crap or whatever else gets on that carpet out.

Do you put carpet next to your toilet and shower in the bathroom at home? Probably not and that’s without fish slime.

My feed would prefer carpet but it’s a practicality thing for me. I vote rubber or vinyl.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Vinyl or rubber. I bought used so didn’t get a choice and have carpet, I bought bulk runner at Menards and covered almost all of it with that.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

rubber all day for this guy. Carpet gets wet and vinyl is too slippery. Damn near fell on my ass the few times ive been in a house with a vinyl floor. Rubber is easy to clean and no maintenance required. its not too cold on the feet IMO

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

A couple of winters ago, we were super slow at work and my boss actually paid me to put rubber floor down in his fish house. The couple times I’ve fished out of it, it’s been great

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I have a new perm. I went with carpet. I only use a commercial high traffic short nap carpet. No pad. Color: Winter Sea. When I get snow on it I can just sweep it out the door.

Attachments:
    1. 00000IMG_00000_BURST20201010151331213_COVER-1.jpg

Nooner Guy

Polyvinyl coin mat works well.

Attachments:
    1. D3EC8A1F-F2E5-452E-BD14-F8A233951D56.jpeg

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.