What TUCR Rod

• primetime82

I have a beautiful collection of my beloved Thorne Bro rods but I’m interested in a TUCR. Which rod would be most simliar to Perch Sweatheart 30″.

Thanks!

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Quick tip or precision

Dan Baker

The Fusion and Qick Tip are probably the closest. The precision is a bit of a heavier rod, more intended for walleye. I personally prefer the Fusion. It’s incredibly versitle and very precise.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I have both the Fusion and the Quick Tip…I would probably say the Fusion might be the choice for big perch. Smaller perch the quick tip seems to have a lighter tip. But don’t rule out the Bullwhip either! I think you would be happy with any of the three.

pharmfisher

the bullwhip is awesome for perch. i like being able to see the bite, which is why a heavy duty noodle rod like a bullwhip is awesome. it fishes large tungsten up to UL rippin raps really well.

Dan Kane

I just ordered my fist TUCR. Precision Power.

Suggested reel anyone?

I’ve heard the Sienna is nice for the rod I bought. Just wondering specifics since I see FE, SE etc.

It’s going to be my walleye jigging rod FYI.

Thanks guys…….

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I just ordered my fist TUCR. Precision Power.

Suggested reel anyone?

I’ve heard the Sienna is nice for the rod I bought. Just wondering specifics since I see FE, SE etc.

It’s going to be my walleye jigging rod FYI.

Thanks guys…….

This is what John from TUCR recommended on another thread…

“Shimano Seinna or the Okuma Ceymar both solid reels.”
    John Burback
    [email protected]
    Tuned Up Custom Rods

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I put a Ceymar on my TUCR PP last season…great combo IMO!

brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

The precision is the comparable. I have both and they have very close to the same action and lure weight.

willy01

Hi i was wondering which Okuma reels do you use when jigging for walleyes do you use with the TUCR Commander?
    Thank you..

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Hi i was wondering which Okuma reels do you use when jigging for walleyes do you use with the TUCR Commander?
    Thank you..

Willy,

Like others have said the Okuma Ceymar C10 or the Shimano Sienna 500 are both good options. You can’t go wrong with either one to be honest.

To answer your question about walleyes, my go to rod is my 38″ Commander. I use the 38″ when I am running around hole hopping. When I am in the shack I have a shorter commander 32″ which is easier to use indoors. Great rod for small to large walleyes. Had a blast with mine up on lake Winnipeg last year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.