What to use on portable house poles to make it slide better

• Captain Live2fish
    Hayfield, MN

Preparing the otter house and notice the poles were hard to extend. What could be used to smooth them out and make them glide easy. Thanks

monstermatt
    Minnesota

I had the same issue and was told by an otter rep to put some wd40 on a rag and apply it to the poles. Seemed to do the trick. Haven’t had an issue since.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Spray graphite think it’s a dry version

Aaron Drier

Could probably get away with some car wax or even Johnson’s paste wax. Apply and buff out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What I did on my old round pole otter was take some 600 grit wet sandpaper and polished the poles so they looked like a mirror. On the “female” side I took a file and de burred the inside and followed with the 600 wrapped around a dowel and did the best I could on the inside. Then some paste wax and they worked great, made a huge difference.

Then, I gave it to my son in law and bought a single man?!? Oh well, at least someone got a benefit from my labor. tongue

404 ERROR
    MN

Froglube gun grease! I use it on everything from squeaky door hinges to shower curtain rings to squeaky window hinges in my deer stand. Plus, when you’re done you have one heck of a gun lube. It is Bio-based and smells like wintergreen, you can literally eat the stuff.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I use whatever spray lubricant is laying around. Mostly silicone since it has the least odor.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Dry Silicone

jarrod holbrook

Stripper glitter seems to work the best. It is used on all kinds of poles with great success. Or just silicone.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Garage Door Silicone,wax is a collector of Debris

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.