What is the avg price you pay for a plowed spot and do you tip?

• usmarine0352

If you’re going out of a resort and pay the $20-$30 bucks or whatever it costs and then they plow a spot for you.

What do you normally pay for that if they don’t give you a price and do you tip?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I pay them the price they charge. No tip. If they don’t want to do that then I offer a tip.
    No need to tip for a service you already over paid for.

JEREMY
    BP

That should be the case everywhere.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Any place that charges $30 access should be providing chutes.
    BUT….
    It really is up to you to ask the specific operation if their prices include a plowed chute.
    Some are good about putting their price schedule on websites or facebook and others dont do much to let you know so you must ask.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

A lot of them now are charging an extra fee for plowing a new spot, the ones that have spots already open that you can use usually don’t charge extra. It has been around 25-35 for a plowed spot. I rarely tip, I did tip the guy from Beachside because he talked to me about the spot he was putting me on and showed me what he was looking at on Navionics.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Isn’t beer or whiskey the customary tip?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That should be the case everywhere.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

100 percent agree.

3Rivers

What’s to stop another unaffiliated random person for being out there and charging 1/2 the going rate for just chutes?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What’s to stop another unaffiliated random person for being out there and charging 1/2 the going rate for just chutes?

Alot of places won’t let you access the road if you have a plow on.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah zipple bay resort charged $50.00 to use there road last year…….but they had shoots plowed out for your rigs!!!!!!

Brittman

If a resort doesn’t have plowed shoots … then some jack wagon is going to drill holes right along the plowed road.

I would say if you have a specific spot mapped out and need a short road or chute plowed to get over that spot … then you pay a bit extra or tip the kid out there some cash to expedite the process. If you are asking for special favors – paying a little extra usually turns the answer from no to yes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.